The Penguin Is Not Actually A Penguin But Is In Fact A Penguin?

It was an ordinary day in Kabuki; after the event that occurred yesterday, it was surprising that you hadn't gotten yourself into more trouble today. The sun was only just starting to go down as you were heading home from the hospital. However, this tranquillity soon came to an end when you heard loud noises- or grunts and laughs coming from a nearby alleyway down the street.

Now that you actually looked around, there wasn't anyone walking or nearby. Should you even go check out the strange noises? You could get jumped for all you know. Then again, it's not like a bunch of gangsters could beat you up. You glanced left and right before scuttering towards the entrance of the alleyway. 

You peeked around the corner, examining the scene to determine whether it was worth involving yourself or not. Your eyes then locked onto a group of thugs that were huddling around what seemed to be a rather large... penguin. "Why is an Amanto getting beat up?"

The taller and bulkier man who stood in the middle seemed to be the ring-leader. "Come on, buddy. You think you can fight all of us? Why don't you give us all your money like we asked? I saw how many bills you had."

The penguin was in a bind-it was trying to lift up something that looked like sign-boards, but was immediately shut down by the group. It was now or never; not all heroes wear capes, some have vegetables in hand. 

You took in a deep breath and stepped out from hiding. "Hey! Stop bothering this... penguin, you hear me?! Go on home to your mothers. I'm sure they'll be disappointed when they find out their kids are bullying animals." You were kind of regretting what you had told them-your demands had gotten you more unwanted attention than what you had expected. 

The gang had turned their heads from the penguin towards you. "What are you trying to do, little girl?" The leader walked in your direction, the rest of the gang following behind. "Don't pretend to act strong. I can see you trembling in your shoes. Why don't you head home, hm? Or, we could go somewhere and have some fun on our own. Penguin's treat." 

The leader held up a hefty wallet and looked you up, but before he could look you down, you gave him an uppercut to the chin and knocked him unconscious. He was weaker than what he appeared to be. "B-Boss!! We'll get you for this!" The other gang members ran at you with their fists raised. 

You sighed and reached for your sheathed sword. You put one foot forward and got into a stance-as each of them approached, you swiftly hit the back of their necks with your weapon. From behind the gang, you noticed that the penguin joined in and hit his bullies with its signboards.

Thanks to this teamwork, the problem was quickly solved. The criminals had either run off scared or were kissing the cold, hard ground. Another sigh left your lips as you were expecting a better fight, but no matter. "So, Penguin-san," you returned his stolen wallet that was on the floor. "Why were you carrying around huge bills like that? If I wasn't there, who knows what would've happened to you. Your hard-earned money would've left you too. I'm [last name] [name], it was nice to work with you."

'Thank you for helping me, [last name]-san.' It wrote on a signboard. 'And it's not money that's in my wallet - they're supermarket coupons.' It turned the sign around. 'My name is Elizabeth.'

"Supermarket coupons?" With that in mind, an irregular thought popped into your head. It might be dangerous... but you two worked together just now! It wouldn't betray you, besides, the penguin was probably just hungry. "Elizabeth-san, if you aren't busy, want to have dinner with me? Kind of like a celebratory dinner for beating them up. It'll save you some money too..."

'Oh! How did you know I was going out shopping?' the penguin gave you a weird thumbs up. 'And I'd like to take you up on that offer. If it would be okay, can my friend join us? He's probably worried I haven't come back to base yet.'