Love Doesn't Require A Manual

It was just a normal morning; the sun was out shining on all of nature's creation; the blue sky was as clear as glass and most important of all-you were in a good mood. With a quick hop, skip and jump, you arrived at the front of the Yorozuya building. "Shinpachi, good morning," you greeted the boy who just so happened to be standing just outside the door. He didn't seem to want to go in.

He glanced over to your direction and let out an audible sigh, "Good morning, [name]-san..." Was his behaviour a reaction to your appearance? You weren't sure whether to feel offended or worried for him.

Either way, you both eventually walked inside when he turned his back on you. The first thing you heard when you entered was a loud 'meow!' Shinpachi seemed as confused as you were. To your knowledge, they hadn't gotten a new pet.

"What do you think of this, Gin-chan? Don't you think this is a good look?" Kagura asked, posing with the cat ears she had on her head.

"Hey, don't put those on without permission. They're for Shinpachi. Put it back in the box, right away," Gintoki replied.

"But you're eating the cake that was in the box."

"Food is fine. The evidence is destroyed once it's in you're stomach. Oh no. Shinpachi's going to be here any minute. I'd better put it back." Gintoki in fact did not put the cake back.

All you could do to support Shinpachi was pat his shoulder. The other two were too immersed in eating the cake to even realise that the person they were so cautious about at the moment was right behind them.

"Hey, that's not fair! I still haven't had a bite yet," Kagura leaned forward and grabbed a handful of the cake. "Wow, this is good."

"Aw, that's not good. You've ruined my plan to eat it in a way that would make it seem as if it was always like this. Oh well. I'll take a bit off here. You help, too." You took a sneaky look at Shinpachi to see how he was doing. His expression certainly didn't reveal any amusement, rather more annoyance than anything.

Gintoki and Kagura then spent the next minute or so reshaping the cake to look like it was brand new. Along story short, they failed at that. "All right, let's put this away," Gintoki seemingly looked proud of his work.

Shinpachi stomped over towards the duo and slammed their heads onto the coffee table, "I'll put you away!!"

"You both deserved what was coming to you," you noticed that beside them was an open parcel. "Did you guys open Shinpachi's mail? Why did you think that was a good idea?"

Kagura rubbed her head and gave you puppy dog eyes, "[name]-nee... Gin-chan forced me to eat the cake. He opened the mail first too."

"Ow-ow-ow-ow... Shinpachi. If you were there, you should say so. Was this some sort of trap? And Kagura, your lie is too unbelievable! You need to add some tears," the Yorozuya boss advised.

"That's underhanded. You're terrible," Kagura remarked.

"You're the ones who are underhanded and terrible!!"

"Umm... Well, we didn't see anything. We only ate your cake."

"Yeah. We didn't read the letter or anything." These two were incredibly bad at lying.

"You guys opened the letter, didn't you?" you shook your head when Gintoki handed Shinpachi a pink envelope that was stuck together by tape. Gintoki's excuse was that the letter originally came like that.

"We don't know anything about your date!" Kagura accidentally unveiled.

"Date?!" Shinpachi snatched the letter out of Gintoki's hand and turned around to open it. All the while, the two were leaning over his back trying to peek at the contents of the paper.