Watch Out For Conveyor Belts!

The room was dark; the only light sources were the moon's rays peeking through the sliding doors and the artificial light from the flashlight. Other than that, the Shinsengumi dojo was pitch black.

The Shinsengumi member held the flashlight below his chin to create a creepy look, "It was a very hot night with many mosquitoes, like tonight... I was setting off fireworks with my friends and noticed it had gotten dark. So, I though my mom would get upset and kick me if I didn't get home right away. I decided to go home. We cleaned up the exploded fireworks and glanced at the Temple School. Then, although it was midnight, a wan in a red kimono was looking at me from the window of the Temple School. I was shocked, but I wanted to find out more. So I gingerly asked her what she was doing up this late. And she... smiled at me and said..."

"We've run out of mayonnaise!!"

Someone beside you shrieked and you could feel two arms around your neck with their body shaking in fear. "[name]-san...!" It was Yamazaki. The lights flickered on and you realised that he had quite literally pushed you onto the floor with his body hovering above you. "Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" And within a second he fell on top of you.

"Chief!! My goodness Chief!" Kondo fainted from the scare and his eyes went completely white. "The mayonnaise made him faint! It's terrible!"

You got up from a now unconscious Yamazaki and instructed, "Take him to the infirmary! And take Yamazaki as well!"

"Right!"

"What is so scary about mayonnaise?!"

After a while, the two men eventually regained consciousness and you were dismissed. Right when you took a step out of the large Shinsengumi doors, you heard a woman's giggle. Your neck hairs stood up and you got goosebumps. Slowly, you turned around and looked behind you. There was nothing there; until you glanced up at the roof.

It was a woman with long black hair and was dressed in red. A mayonnaise ghost?

---

When you had arrived at the Shinsengumi the next morning, you were met with the sight of a handful of police officers bedridden in the main hall. "[name]-san, you're finally here. Do you know what happened to them?"

You looked over at a man who was laying down; he was unconscious and not moving much, luckily all of them were still alive. "Huh? What's this red dot on his neck?"

You told him, "I think they fainted out of some sort of shock... This is terrible. Hey, how many people so far?"

"Eighteen troops," Hijikata replied.

"So over half the squad has been struck down. I've got to admit... This is getting kind of eerie. Especially since last night's scary stories..."

"No kidding. We, the Shinsengumi, were brought to our knees by a ghosts. Everyone flat in their backs. It's mortifying! I can't even tell anyone about it."

"Tōshi..." Kondo spoke, "I wasn't beaten by a ghost. I was beaten by mayonnaise!"

You muttered, "That's even worse..."

。。。

While the troops tried to help their fellow comrades, yourself and the Shinsengumi captains left the main hall into another room to discuss further plans. "Everybody is making delirious sounds about the woman in the red kimono. Is that the same ghost Inayama-san was talking about the other night?" Sougo took a sip of his tea.

"Idiot!" Hijikata exclaimed. It was normal for him to snap at Sougo, but he was clearly on edge this time, "There's no such thing as ghosts."

"Don't underestimate ghosts, or you'll be in real trouble, Tōshi. This building is cursed. It must be possessed by a horrible spirit."