Rank Has Nothing To Do With Luck

Today was a busy day for you-it was a monthly check-up for all members of the Shinsengumi. Prior to the start of the appointments though, Kondo had given you a specific... outfit to wear to help motivate the men to actually arrive in your office. You cringed at the captain's words and burned the clothes in front of him.

You didn't need an outfit to make the men come to the scheduled appointments, your lovely smile is all that would be needed. After all, these officers probably have not been in contact with any other women in the real world. Over the past few months, you've figured out these men were SIMPS.

To your expectation, everyone had arrived on time and you were able to get through the officers quickly and efficiently. Soon, you were onto the last person of the day. "Hijikata-kun! You can come in now. We took some blood tests yesterday, so all you have to do it fill these documents out."

He took the cigarette out of his mouth and crushed it into the ash tray on your desk. Hijikata, after finishing what he was ordered to you, gazed at your figure up and down. "What do you want now?" you spun around in your seat, hoping to cover yourself from his creepy stare.

"Nothing. Just wondering why you're not wearing what Kondo-san gave you?"

"How did you know about that? And why are you even asking? You're gross," his eye twitched and grit his teeth-he didn't mean it in the way you were thinking. "Speaking of Kondo. Where is he?"

"He's probably off proposing to that gorilla woman. He's never going to get married if he keeps stalking her," he sighed, pulling out a new cigarette. 

"Oh, can you not smoke in here? I left an ashtray on my desk for a reason. And, it's for the health of the other patients."

Hijikata looked around, "There's no one in here."

A familiar sadist walked into the room. "Hijikata-san, Hijikata-san. Speaking of marriage, shouldn't you be married now? You're getting old, you mayora freak." 

"I'll get married whenever I want!" he retorted. 

"Now, now. Calm down both of you," you tried to split them up.

Hijikata handed you the papers and you put them in your bag; leaving the room, you left the two captains by themselves. "I'm gonna marry [name]-nee-san."

"You're gonna what?"

。。。

Apparently, your day had not ended yet-the familiar ringtone of your smartphone was heard from your bag. It was from your great friend; Sakata Gintoki. What would he want at this time of day? If he wanted snacks, he would've sent one of his minions out on errands.

"What is it, you bastard?"

"Shut up you hag. There's more important things to life than bad-mouthing me. Take for example, four-eyes' sister is in trouble."

"...Otae-chan?! What did you do to her? Where is she?!"

"Come to the cabaret bar that she works at. We'll be waiting there. Don't ask questions - remember she's in trouble."

"You make it sound so fake. Is she really- That damn prick hung up."

。。。

The glamorous entrance of Otae's club shone its intimate lights out on the street. There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary - was something really going on inside? "Hello? Otae-chan?" you questioned, poking your head out from the doors leading you inside the building.

"Oh, there she is." 

"She's perfect! Now, all she needs is to get rid of that sword; it's unattractive," said an unknown man who looked like a richer Hasegawa.