Some Moments Don't Last Forever

Shoka Sonjuku.

It was midday; the weather wasn't too cold nor hot. It was just right. You were currently sitting in the dojo hall along with your fellow classmates, watching Takasugi and Gintoki spar with one another. The other students were surrounding the two in a circle-one side rooting for Gintoki and the other for Takasugi. "[name]-chan," Katsura tapped your shoulder, "who do you think will win?"

"I think Gintoki will, he always does."

"Did you hear that everyone?!" the boy beside you yelled out, "[name]'s voting for Gintoki!" A groan escaped your mouth as you heard your friends speak amongst themselves.

"Of course she voted for him!"

"She only said that because she likes Gintoki-kun."

"No, she has a point! Takasugi hasn't won a battle against Gintoki yet."

Takasugi pointed his kendo sword towards your direction, "[name], you traitor!"

"Sorry, Shinsuke! It's not like I don't have faith in you or anything..." you looked towards the silver-haired boy; he was grinning like an idiot. "What the hell is he smiling about?"

"Heh, [name] believes in me and not you."

"I swear I will beat you! Then, she'll vote for me next time!" The two boys glared at each other and continued to fight.

Katsura took your hand, "[name]-chan, let's go while they're distracted." He then stealthy snuck the both of you out into the backyard garden.

"Thanks, Katsura. They're always fighting and I'm getting kinda sick of it. Although somehow... this one felt different," you shrugged.

"They always fight," the boy beside you sighed, "Usually, it's because they want the attention of a certain someone."

"You mean Shōyō-sensei? Doesn't he always keep an eye on them?" you furrowed your eyebrows, "After all, they are the trouble makers of the class."

"It's not exactly Shōyō-sensei."

"Who else...?" And then you realised, "You don't mean me, do you? Who would want my attention?"

He muttered, "I mean, I would..." You couldn't bear what he had said.

"There you two are!" Yourself and Katsura turned around. "I saw you leave but you didn't come back. I got worried."

"Sorry, Shōyō-sensei." Quickly making up an excuse, you quickly spoke, "The fight got a bit too boring."

"I guess you're not wrong. This happens almost everyday, doesn't it?" he smiled, "Well, Katsura. Why don't you go back to the dojo? I need to talk to [name] for a bit."

The younger boy nodded and walked off. You looked up at the taller man. "Yes, Shōyo-sensei?"

He sat down next to you and spoke, "You might not know this, but it's actually Katsura's birthday tomorrow. I'm setting up a surprise and I need him out of the school then, so I'm allowing the two of you to go see the nearby cherry blossoms again."

"Just the two of us?"

"Katsura seems to get along with you the best. I thought it would be perfect."

"Perfect?" you raised an eyebrow at his choice of words, but he didn't seem to mean anything by it. He still had that smile stuck on his face and you couldn't refuse his request. "Well, Gintoki and Shinsuke did ruin our last hang out session... and it is Katsura's birthday, I can't miss out on that."