Chapter fifteen

Chapter 15

Brian's POV

(Six months later)
I took off my suit and loosened my tie immediately after I got to the hotel room.
I’d being living here for five months and it still looked cold and plain like no one resided there.
My one month business trip had turned to three weeks in New York and five months in London and counting.
The business deals with Elon Musk's company had been successful and our stocks in the international  market were yielding impressive results. I was ready to go back home when something unexpected happened.
My dad had called to inform me that word had gotten to him that one of our branches in the UK was near bankrupt. Needless to say, it needed my urgent attention. Merchandise were disappearing and no one had any idea how it was happening.
I flew to London and immediately called for a private  independent investigation. I didn't trust anyone over there.
The auditing team were very good. I had answers in a week. Turns out the culprit was none other than the branch manager.
It turned out he was stealing from the company and selling to clients at a much cheaper price.
He wasn’t alone though, he had a little team that helped him with his shenanigans. Of course he was fired with immediate effect. The problem though was, there was no one to fill the now vacant spot. Which was why I was in charge at the moment. No one had qualified for the post yet, and I needed to make sure someone competent was in charge if I wanted to avoid what had gotten me into the mess in the first place.
This explains why I’m still in London, the stress of taking care of this branch and also being a CEO left me with little to no time to think about my life back at home.
But I thought about Cindy everyday. How she was doing, what she was doing, if she was thinking about me like I was doing her.
If she had moved on with her life. I’d tried so hard to get her contact or something, I'd been sending mum and my sister gifts, money to be given to her, but I was told she had rejected them all. The last I heard of her, she had quit her job at our home and left the house. I prayed everyday that the love of my life wouldn't leave me. Yes, the love of my life, cause that's what Cindy was to me; the love of my life. I was pretty sure that the chances of her getting together with me now were slim, cause where was I going to find her? I had no idea where to start. But if there was a chance… even a one percent chance that I could get back with her, I hoped to the heavens that it became a reality.
Life was pretty routine and hectic in London. I barely associated with anyone, always kept to myself. I was at the office from dawn to midnight, then straight to my hotel.
Three months had passed, and I was pretty tired of the boring and routine lifestyle. I needed some fun so I decided to hit the club since it was a Friday and I technically wasn't supposed to be at work on Saturdays.
The club was crowded when I arrived, and I almost turned to go back to the hotel, but the thought of being all alone, surrounded by work kept me going. I walked to the bar and ordered a drink to kick start the night.
Sitting on one of the high stools, I let my eyes wander. The disco lights added some kind of raw ambience to the room. The whole atmosphere was charged with excitement and raw lust as I watched people rub and grind themselves against each other.
Shutting the whole background out, I focused on my drink. Someone bumped into me with a familiarity that startled me a bit. I looked up ready to give the person a piece of my mind but I smiled when I saw who it was.
“Rosaline! God, this is such a pleasant surprise. Nice to see you.”
“Nice to see you too, Brian. It's been so long.” She replied with a smile.
Rosaline was a business associate I had met at a meeting a few months ago. You could say we were… acquaintances. I liked her personality. She was very vocal and wasn’t scared to voice out her opinion, and I honestly found that refreshing.
I had approached her that day after the meeting, and we had had a little chat.
“What are you doing here?” I asked with interest, grinning when she rolled her eyes exasperatedly.
“Why? Can't a girl be at a club?” She finished with a laugh.
I joined in. “You know that's not what I meant.”
“My friend dragged me here. She thinks I need to get laid.” She clarified to my surprise.
“What are you doing here?” She asked with interest causing me to smirk faintly. “Let's just say I'm here to have fun, but back to the reason why you're here… have you, found anyone?”
She grinned and scanned the room. “Mm, not yet… but I'm still looking.”
We laughed it off and she called for the bartender and ordered for a drink, joining me on one of the barstools.
Our chat went on for about an hour and a half. She was an interesting person to talk to and we had a lot in common. We continued to refill our drinks until we were both pretty much drunk.
Is the offer still on the table?” Rosaline asked
“What offer” I asked a little tipsy.
“Getting laid. You had promised to fill the spot if I didn’t find anyone.” She stated.
I had said that?
I couldn't even remember.
My heart skipped a beat at her words, my mind flickering back to Cindy. I tried convincing myself that this wasn't a good idea, that Cindy was waiting for me, that I didn't even have romantic interest in the girl, but none of it worked.
My messed up brain had different plans.
I grabbed her by the hands and off we went…
Where to, I had no idea.

I woke up with a very nasty headache, frowning when I felt hair in my mouth. Someone was cuddling up to me, and it felt so foreign. Trying to clear the last remnants of sleep from my eyes, I tried remembering what had happened the night before.
The thoughts that came flooding my memories had me sitting up with a start.
God, what had I done?
My heart felt so heartbroken at the fact that I had slept with someone else… like, like I'd cheated on Cindy or something, but my brain reasoned that perhaps it was all better this way… that it was time to move on, maybe start a new life.
I gently got up from the bed so as to not wake Rosaline, and then thudded to the bathroom for a shower.

Welcome to my new life.

Hey guys, long time no see😊
Sorry for the late update..
Thanks for 1k reads 🎉🎉.
See you in the next one.