Chapter thirteen

Cindy's POV

My hotel room was very luxurious, and what more could you expect from a five star hotel actually?

The room was spacious and well decorated but my tired mind barely paid any attention to my surroundings. All I could think about was lying down on the inviting, cozy looking king-sized bed with comfy sheets.

I hopped onto the bed forgetting my problems for a while and then drifted to sleep almost immediately.

The next morning came by quickly, the knock on my door woke me up. I groggily jumped out of bed and stumbled towards the door. I opened the door and was met with a warm smile from a uniformed man who had a tray full of food. "Good morning ma'am, room service. I ushered the man in and he set the food on the little table across the room. I thanked him and he walked out.

I went to the washroom to freshen up, then dug right into the food when I returned, still in my towel.

I was surprised at how much I ate, but then again I hadn't eaten since yesterday.

I crawled back into bed and stared at the ceiling, deep in thought.

Truth is, I haven't been able to figure anything out yet, and I didn't know what step to take next.

How was I going to contact Brian? Does he remember what happened between us?

Or was he looking to sleep with me and discard me like a used tissue?

I didn't know what to believe and what to do anymore.

Yesterday happened in a blur and I'm ever grateful to the man I met, Mr. Mike.

He was a savior, God sent.

I continued to ponder on what to do, and then finally came to a conclusion.

I was going to call Mr. Mike and tell him I accept his job offer. There was honestly no other alternative, it was either that or go back onto the streets after my paid week at the hotel was up.

I reached for the remote and turned on the t.v. to keep me occupied, and control my racing mind.

It's really funny, I haven't had this much free time on my hands, so I barely know what to do with it.

The day went by slowly and very uneventfully. I didn't have a phone to contact my mum and Janet to let them know I was doing fine, but I also couldn't afford to waste money on less important stuff. Come to think of it, I didn't even have a phone to call Mr. Mike.

The light bulb went off in my head all of a sudden.

Of course the receptionist could help me out!

I didn't really know if she was supposed to, but I was hoping she would. Who knows, I might even be able to call mum and Janet after all.

The next day dawned bright and early, and I quickly took my bath and had breakfast.

I walked out of my room for the first time since I checked in, and then headed for the reception area. The lobby was empty and I was grateful for that... I wasn't really a people person, and I tended to avoid crowds.

I walked slowly towards the receptionist, a little nervous.

I wasn't good at talking to new people and this wasn't an exception. The receptionist raised her head when I was close enough to her desk. "Good morning, ma'am how may I be of help?" she asked with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Uhh, I was wondering if I could use your phone to call someone?" I asked, having a hard time looking her in the face.

Surprisingly, she handed her phone over to me, I really thought she was going to refuse me.