Chapter five

Hope you like this... Happy reading🤗

Cindy's POV (6:30am the next day)
My alarm blurred waking me up form my sleep. I switched it off and I stretched and got out of my bed, I noticed that my mom's bed was empty, meaning she's already in the mansion working. That woman is the last to sleep among all the maids and always the first to wake up. I entered the bathroom, brushed my teeth and freshened up for the day. I got out of the room closing the door behind me, I decided to check if Janet was already done. I wasn't surprised when I saw her still asleep and her alarm still blurring. I walked to her bedside and turned off the alarm before I was successful in waking her up after 5 minutes. "I'm up!" She said as stood up and walked to the bathroom joined to her room.
* * *
~~~~1 hour later~~~~
Every room in the mansion was cleaned, and breakfast was served. The Smiths had already having breakfast in the dining hall and all the maids including Janet and I were seated at the kitchen having our breakfast. "So there are rumours that Sir Brian and you are dating." Alice said (she's also one of the maids) everyone went silent, I was in shock and didn't know what to say. " The room became silent and everyone was starring at me, waiting for me to answer. "And where did you hear that from? Because everyone looks like they have no idea about what you're talking about." Janet came to my rescue. I know my mum is going to be asking me a lot of questions, and I'm hoping she isn't disappointed in me. We are like every typical Ghanaian family so I know my mum won't be happy that I'm dating someone let alone our employers son. "Alice didn't reply to Janet and we all continued eating as though nothing happened.

After breakfast everyone went back to their respective posts. "Cindy can I have a word with you?" My heart missed a beat, Janet smiled at me reassuring me that with was going to be okay, she stepped out of the kitchen. "Cindy what Alice said is it true?" "Yes and no. "What do you mean by yes and no, stop playing games with me and of all people Brian? You know very well that his dad is our boss right." I nodded me head in response. I don't want you dating anyone in the first place you are 18 doesn't mean you get to date so please stay away from him." "But mum, please." I know what's best for you so listen to me. Mrs. Smith can fire us both if she hears of this." I walked out still determined to give it a try, I don't normally disrespect my mum but I just don't know why I want to give it a try, also I have never been in a relationship.

It was 5: 00pm when Janet and I left the mansion. "So I didn't get to ask you what your mum said about Brian, how did it go?" "It didn't go so well I knew she was going to dis approve anyways, but I still want to go for the date." "What happened to my bestfriend? Who is this and where is she?" Janet asked smiling, she know I never disrespect my mum so... Brian will be waiting for me in the next... I stared at the wall clock in Janet room. I'm eyes widened when I realised I have less than an hour to get ready. " Brian is going to be here with the next 45 minutes. I quickly rushed to my room and hurriedly took my bath, whilst Janet looked for something nice for me to wear...

Thirty minutes later and I was dressed in a simple white dress a little above my knee and a little sliver coloured belt, with a white and black heels that I borrowed from Janet.

I walked outside hoping I don't see my mum, I saw Brian standing in front of his car waiting for me I noticed that I changed from his working suite into something less business looking

I walked outside hoping I don't see my mum, I saw Brian standing in front of his car waiting for me I noticed that I changed from his working suite into something less business looking. He smile he saw me, I finally gathered enough courage and walked towards him. "You look great." Brian said with a smile. "Thanks." The Brian opened the door to the passenger seat for me, I sat down and thanked him as he closed the door. He quickly walked to his side and sat down in the driver's seat.

The drive to the restaurant was quiet, Brian didn't say anything and I was pretty much freaking out to say anything. Don't blame me though, I have never being to a date and I was very nervous, what if I embarrass myself.

We got to the restaurant and Brian being the gentleman that he was, helped me out of the car. He's hand stayed at the small of my back as we both walked into the restaurant. Someone met us at the entrance and showed us to a table. Brian pulled the chair out for me and I sat. We both settled and took the menu... Few minutes later, we both ordered and started small talk to pass time. "So tell me about yourself" Brian asked. "I'm 18 will be nineteen in a few months, my mum and I work for your dad, which you already know and also I want to have my own clothing line before I'm twenty five." I said. "That's cool. Brian said as he smiled at me. "But I want to know your favorite colour, food, anything interesting about yourself." I was about to speak when the waiter brought our food.. I told him everything I knew about my boring self and he told me things about himself too...

We talked all night long and we even lost track of time. Someone cleared their throat, we both turned and saw the waiter from earlier. "Sorry to disturb you but the restaurant is about to close." "Sorry about that, we will taking our leave then." Brian apologised as we both stood up and walked out of the restaurant. We both entered the car when I realised that it's an hour to mid night. "Oh my goodness, I'm dead" "And why is that." Brian asked. "My mum is going to kill me, she told me not to go out with you but I wanted to so..." "why would you mother not want approve of us? Brian asked. "She said we might lose our jobs if your mum finds out about us." I said, "I do not think anything like that is going to hap..." "Brian you and I, I mean everyone knows that your mum doesn't want a her reputation to be stained, what do you think her friends will say if they find out that her son is dating a maid!" I was starting to get pissed but I know it's not his fault. "Cindy calm down, I know but that doesn't mean that my mum get to decide who I date or not." After Brian said that, after that no one spoke again till we got to the mansion. I was hoping my mum was asleep before I get home. We both got out and Brian kissed me on the cheek, which I wasn't expecting that all. "Goodnight" he said and walked away. I know he was pissed and I understand. I walked slowly a towards the servants quarters.

I opened the door slowly hoping I won't make any noise, but my lucky self turned after closing the door to see my mum very much awake.
"Where from you?"

(Here goes nothing)...
Ok that's all for today, hope you like it..
Don't forget to vote and comment.💜💜