Chapter eight

Hello guys🤗
Thanks for waiting so long for this chapter.
I appropriate everyone  giving my story  a chance...
Don't forget to vote and comment🦋
That's definitely going make my day..🍒
Happy reading🤗

Cindy's POV

Mum was getting a lot better as the days went by and that was great.
Brian has also been all over me since the day he asked me to be his girlfriend. It was so sweet of him honestly but it was also very overwhelming since it was my first relationship.
Mum didn't know about Brian and I, she would explode if she finds out. But anyways everything has been going great...

Brian's POV

"Get me the documents!! This isn't supposed to be happening." I shouted at my secretary.

I have been expecting some goods from overseas and they were supposed to be arriving anytime this week but from the look of things, it just seems to have disappeared into thin air. I just don't get it, I think there is someone behind this...someone who wants me to look like a failure in father's eyes... I'm very sure of that.
My secretary returns empty handed, she couldn't find any of the files in the archives, and there was no soft copy at all either... it was like all evidence of the deal had been cleared from our records. I knew then that my hunch had been correct after all, it was definitely someone from the office but who exactly? I had no idea.
Merchandise worth over a million dollars has just disappeared like that and we had no idea if it had made it to the harbor or not. This wasn't supposed to be happening, Dad had just given me the position of CEO in the company and I was now getting my life together, I couldn't afford to jeopardize this.
I have to get to the bottom of this, by all means.

Two weeks ago, ...
(The Smiths Enterprise Premises)

Dad surprised me today with an unexpected party, handing over his entire empire to me. I was in shock even though I already knew I was next in line to the inheritance of the company, but I thought I'll just inherit everything after his death which hopefully was no time soon so I was in no rush. It all came as a shock to me when my dad handed everything to me.

Present time...

I was ready to make him believe he made the right choice, and then this happened. I had to get my thoughts together. I quickly walked out of the office not knowing where I was going.

Cindy's POV.

Today was quite eventful, Lisa had a big party in the house since her parents were somewhere touring the world... Brian has been busy since he was given the responsibility of taking over his dad's business and it was really surprising how he still managed to make time for me.

My mum still doesn't know about us so I've mastered the art of sneaking out and meeting up with you know who... I know it sounds cliché but I'm happy and that's all that matters.

Back to Lisa's party, she threw a very large party celebrating her 20th birthday which I heard she already celebrated six months ago.

We the maids worked our asses off to put the event together, but we weren't even invited. What was I even thinking? There was no way we would be invited to a party for the elite. Overall, everything was going smoothly and the witch herself hasn't been bothering me so I'm living a normal life I guess....

It's 11:30pm and I still haven't heard from Brian and I'm worried sick. I tried his number a couple of times but it was out of reach. I dozed off and woke up with a start when I heard a car arrive outside and quickly walked to the front door to check who it was, lo and behold, Brian stumbled out of his car wasted. I hurriedly walked to him trying to steady him before he falls down face flat on the beautiful gravel stones.
"Cinnnndddddyyyyy! I fucking missed you." Brian said looking with a goofy smile on his handsome face. The young man was really drunk, his eyes were glazed and he was slurring.