chapter six

Cindy's POV

"Where from you?"

My mum asked immediately I  closed the door. "Mum I.... ermm I went out with Sir Brian." I replied praying to my stars that I won't be in trouble.. who was I kidding, I'm in big trouble. " Cindy you have to stay away from Brian" my mum warned. We are maids and that's how it's supposed to be I can't afford to lose my job and everything that I work for." Mum said in a serious tone.
I nodded knowing deep down that I was going to be very hard. Brian would want to talk to mum, but I know she will still disagree. Mum then laid on her bed and turned her back towards me.

It's the next day and I haven't heard from Brian, he went to work today without breakfast, I know I over reacted yesterday about his mum. And even though what I said was true, she's still his mum so I guess that's why he's a little angry... I guess. Everyone had finished their breakfast and went to their post to work.. Mum wasn't feeling well today so I forced her to stay in our room, so Janet and I prepared breakfast today. We were putting away the clean dishes when Thelma entered the kitchen looking like she was ready to murder someone. "I saw you getting out of Brian's car last night, what were you doing with my boyfriend?" I opened my mouth about to talk, but Janet beat me to it. "The last time I checked Sir Brian was still dating my sister here" she said pointing at me. I was about to object but Janet gave me an eye that pretty much meant I should shut up. "And who do you think you are, Brian is mine and mine forever. I don't have time competing  with you a maid, you are a nobody and that's how it's supposed to be." Thelma replied looking angry. "I'm not going to argue with you over someone who doesn't even like you we aren't kids, have a little respect for yourself and stop all this, you don't scare me so just stop it." I told her and took Janet hand and walked out of the kitchen not waiting for her respond..

"That was good, I like that you stood up for yourself." Thelma said immediately we got outside. "I learn from the best" I replied with a smile. We both walked back to the servant quarters since all the work is done. We will go back to the mansion at 11 to start lunch...

Brian's POV

Work was hectic today, finalizing a deal that I have being working on since I joined the company, and it's being great so far. I exited my office to get lunch since it was already pass noon.. I got to the waiting area, when I saw Cindy getting out of a car. I wonder what she was doing here.
I left early today so I could avoid meeting her, the date went well but I over reacted by giving her a cold shoulder after her little outburst. I know my mum, and I don't blame her for stating the truth. My mum is all about elegance and reputation, she wants to show off to the world how rich she is, and I don't agree with that. I walked to Cindy immediately she passed the gatemen. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Ermm... Good day to you too, I brought you lunch since you decided to skipped breakfast." She replied, as she shoved the food into my hands. She then turned about to leave, but I stopped her by holding her wrist. "Cindy I'm sorry about yesterday, I know what you said was true but I was a little mad because she's family." I said quietly. "That's okay, I understand" She replied. "Okay.. Thanks for the meal, I was just heading out for lunch" "Okay then, I guess I'll be on my way.." she said "Come eat with me" I said trying to let her stay much longer. "Thanks but I have to go, my mum won't be happy if she finds out that I left the mansion without her knowing.. But before I go can you let your ex girlfriend stopping harassing me every time she sees me?" Cindy said "What did she do? I hope she doesn't try to hurt you?" "I'm fine, she just wants me to stay away from you, and also never forgets to remind me that I'm a maid" she said. "I'm so sorry it al..." "Stop apologizing on her behalf, and I'm okay so don't worry... I have to leave now, bye" she said and quickly walked out of the building, I watched her as she entered a cab... I don't know what it is, but I'm slowing falling in love with her.. she's just so different. I thought as I walked back to my office.

Cindy's POV
Janet advised me to go to Brian's work place, so we could work out our differences. And it went great, we worked out our misunderstandings and now we are good. I walked into the house after paying the cab driver, when I saw Lisa and Thelma alight from Lisa's car carrying lots of shopping bags. Thelma noticed me first,  and gave me a dirty smile. "Thank God you're here maid girl, come take these to our room" Thelma said I decided to let it slide since I didn't want to lose my job because of her. I took the bags, balancing them all and headed to her room. I had a little difficulty taking it up the stairs but I managed to get all the bags in her room safe and sound. Thelma entered the room few seconds later with Lisa on her heels. I was about to get out when Thelma stopped me.

Vote and comment🤗
💜