Chapter Twenty - Seven

Chapter 27

Brian

Brian focused on the screen before him not wanting to miss a bit of the moment. It was the second doctor’s appointment for the baby’s checkup and Brian was a happy man. He had literally worshipped the ground Rosa walked on. He made sure she didn’t do anything around and house or even carry anything a bit heavy. He would talk to Rosa’s bum Every chance he got and make sure the tiny creature knew how much he is loved.

Both Rosa and Brian were so focused on the screen that the didn’t notice the uneasy look on the doctor’s face. Both parents were over the moon with the news that the doctor just didn’t want to break their hear. The doctor then cleaned the gel on her stomach and covers the little bum that was beginning to develop.

He cleared his throat after the examination prompting the parents to finally pay attention to him.

“I would need to have a word with you in my office if you like” the doctor said

The couple still in very naïve about the heavy news they were going to receive, followed the doctor out of his office into his office.

After settling in the seats available, the doctor began.

The baby is unfortunately not doing so well in mummy’s belly since your fallopian tube is too narrow. I sorry to inform you that the chance of making it to full term will be very low. I won’t say it’s not possible to carry to full term but it very unlikely.

Brian felt as all the joy he had these past few days evaporate from him. He was just getting use to the idea that he was going to be a father and then this.

Everything happened so fast that he didn’t even notice as Rosa walked out of the office in tears. The doctor shook his head as he knew it was going to be very hard on the couple. This isn’t the first time we he had to tell a couple that they might not make it to full term but it was still sad nonetheless.

Brian finally composed himself and walk out of the doctor’s office in search for Rosa.

After minutes of searching, she found her in the parking lot sobbing her eyes out.

Brian’s heart went out to her as he felt her pain too. Their relationship wasn’t perfect but they had something good going on for them, only for it to be ripped out violently from them. Brian walked to her and sat down with an arm around her shoulders. He sat with her as she sobbed silently. He wanted her to know that he was there for her but didn’t want to be overbearing. They were going to be okay . He was sure of this.

An hour later, Rosa was all composed and looked like she was ready to finally face the rest of the world.

Brian helped her of the ground and they both walked solemnly to the car.

The ride home was filled with silence and the air was so thick Brian could not breath. Rosa on the other hand was still in a haze.

The news had shaken her to the core and she didn’t know what to say or do. She had taught everything was finally falling in place, but what she hadn’t foreseen was the misfortune about to befall them. She loved Brian so much and she knew the only reason he was with her was because of the baby.

Upon arriving at their house, Rosa walked straight to the bedroom so she could take a nap. Brian decided against following her since he wanted, he to have some time to herself. He laid down in the couch to rest for a while.

Three hours later, Brian was in the kitchen whipping something for the two of them when Rosa entered with his phone. “There is a call from your sister” she said a she handed the phone to him.