Bucky: Nightmare

It is late at night, the sun creeps delicately on the horizon. The stars glistening softly in the gloomy sky. You shuffle around the bed, trying to get into a comfortable position. Until you hear a faint sound, a sound of someone holding back tears. You rise from the bed softly trying to make as little noise as possible as you creep into the eery hallway. Everyones doors are shut tight apart from one door at the end of the hallway, that is slightly open. Buckys room. You shift softly past the rooms and come across his door, you hold your ear to the wall. The sound of sobs increasing, the sound of skin meeting skin intensifying.

Worried, you knock gently on the door and push it open to see a figure crouched in a ball. Slamming his fists into his head. Bucky lays huddled together in the corner of the room, shaking uncontrollably. You rush over to him as he glares at you, his eyes red and sore. You let out a soft cry as your vision begins to blur, as tears roll down your cheeks.

"H-Hey, hey, hey, hey, Bucky. Bucky, its me." You whisper, clutching your arms around his small body. Holding him tightly, he begins to shiver and shake. Frantically shaking his head back and forth.

"It- it h...h- hurts." He stutters, smashing his fists into his head begging it to stop.

"S-Stop!" He whimpers.

"M-Make it stop." He cries, frustration and sadness clear in his rough voice.

You become empty watching him fight off his emotions, tears streaming like a waterfall down your cheeks.

"Bucky... its okay. I am here, please stop." You plead, attempting to clutch onto his arms to stop him from harming himself.

He throws your arms off of him carelessly, his wounded, sunken eyes fixating on yours.

"Bucky." You state, your hands resting on his cheeks catching his tears as they fall from his eyes.

"No... don't do this." He whispers, his eyes falling to the ground.

"I am a murdered, a killer y/n." He states, his voice cracking slightly.

"What you did all those years...It wasn't you. You didn't have a choice." You exclaim, holding his fragile face in your hands begging him to listen.

He knocks your hands from his face, shaking his head violently.

"I know. But I did it." He whispers, his face growing pale. He looks empty, as though there is no hope or soul left in him.

As though he doesn't want to fight any longer.

"Bucky." You whisper, fixing your eyes on him.

"I forgive you." You exclaim, latching your hands onto his, as you smile gently.

A glimmer of hope sparkles in his eyes as his ocean eyes meet yours. He becomes speechless, his mouth partially opening but then closing. He tries to process what happens in his head, clearly in deep thought. After a couple seconds of peaceful silence, he tightens his grip on your hands. You face towards him.

"Love." He stutters, a crooked smile covering his face as he looks into your loving eyes.

"I-I think I love you." He states, his cheeks flushing a warm, rosy red as he stares delicately into your eyes. His weak fingers tracing through your hair.

"I think I love you too Bucky." You whisper, a loving smile painting your face.

"Th-Thankyou. For everything." He mumbles, holding your face close to his. His breaths calming, his shivering and shaking settling.

"Anytime." You whisper, as you place a gentle kiss on his forehead ruffling your fingers through his thick hair.

You look into his glimmering eyes, a sparkle of love hidden in his. As you smile at him, he wraps his arms around you holding you tight. He breathes softly into your ear, as you listen to his heart slowing down. The panic in him settling. His nightmares fading, all because of you.

You smile to yourself, feeling happy that you finally got through to him. After days of listening to his cries of pain and sorrow, trying to help him in the best way possible. You hold his weak body, wishing you could erase all of the pain and trauma he went through. Feeling happy he can finally relax in your arms.