Natasha Romanoff: Cries

Its almost midnight, there is silence throughout the compound. Apart from the occasional snoring from the mens rooms and the birds chirping outside. You snuggle down in your bed, preparing to drift off into a much needed rest. Until you hear muffled cries and sobs coming from someones room. Distressed, you rise from your bed. Worry and concern creeping through your body, you edge your door open slightly gazing down the hallway. The sound increases as you realise whose room it is from. Natashas.

You softly creep over to her room, tiptoeing on the cold tile floor. You arrive at her door, and press your hand gently on it as it creeps open. You notice a body crouched in the corner of the room, Natasha. She flinches slightly as you open the door, she meets your gaze, her face rosy, her beautiful eyes teary and cloudy. She holds her skinny little legs tight around her chest, shaking all over. You close the door shut, as you run towards her collapsing to your knees by her side. You caress your hand over her face, tears begin to fill your eyes as you see her in this state. You try to talk but words slip from your mouth, her red locks droop down her back as she shakes her head from your grasp. 

"Hey-Hey look at me." You plead, your eyebrows furrowing, your eyes frantically blinking trying to battle tears. She places her soft palm in yours, as you clutch it tightly.

"Would you like to talk about it?" You ask, your eyes searching her watery emerald eyes that shine in the dim light.

She hesitates slightly.

"It hurts... the memories, the past, the pain, the nightmares." She states, as tears fall delicately from her precious little eyes. You feel a knot tighten around your throat at these words, as you softly brush your thumb over her face clearing the tears that fall. 

"Y-You're not alone, Nat... never." You whisper, she glances into your eyes for a split second. She starts to shake her head gently, her hair flowing side to side.

"I-I used to have nothing... then I got this. This job, this family... and... you." She answers, as she clutches your hand tightly. Tears streaming from her eyes. She places her other hand on your face.

"I have everything I have ever dreamt of, but I just feel so alone and... upset." She states, her cheeks blushing a warm red as she meets your gaze. 

"You will forever be mine, Nat. I will protect you, I will hold you. I will love you... forever." You exclaim, holding her angelic face gently. A small smile creeps onto her wet rosy face.

"We really need to get a life." She states, a soft giggle emerging from her mouth. 

"You first." You mutter, she releases her hand from yours as you both giggle to eachother. She clutches your face and kisses you passionately. 

Her fingers tracing delicately over your neck, lacing over your vest. You hold her weak, vulnerable body close to yours. Brushing your fingers through her crimson hair, your hands drizzling down her back.

It feels as though all of the pain disappears, all of the past, nightmares, everything disappears. It is just you and her... forever.