Pepper Potts: Grief

The moon glistens over the gloomy lake. Its light dimming as clouds fade in and out of view. Darkness, as far as the eye can see. Darkness covers the sky except a few sparkles of light, the stars. The stars that twinkle every night, the stars some may say are past loved ones, the gods in the heavens or simply just bundles of gas. Those stars that are there every waking minute of the day.

Always there, like Tony Stark is always there for his family. Even in death, he is always there.

The darkness seeps through the forest, enclosing the little cottage by the lake. A buzz of light illuminates the little home.

Morgan joyfully races around the living room. Her mother, Pepper chasing after her. Giggles erupt from the cottage as they chase eachother happily through the home. Morgan climbs the stairs, her feet swift as she runs from her mother. Almost tripping on her fragile legs as she runs. She stumbles into her room, tossing her blankets up and launching herself into her bed. The blankets fall down, enclosing her in darkness.

"Morgan, I know your in here somewhere." Pepper states, tiptoeing into the petite room.

Morgan covers her mouth with her spare hand, as she giggles listening to her mother wander her room. A wardrobe opens as Morgan shuffles further into her bed, trying to be as quiet as humanly possible.

"RAH!" Pepper shouts, her eyes looking around the wardrobe.
"Hmm, where could she be?" She mumbles, glancing over at the lump in the bed. Knowing all well her daughter thinks she is a mastermind at hide and seek. She wanders around the room some more, before coming across Morgans bed.
Morgan giggles to herself, her face glowing red.

Pepper throws up the blankets as a little Morgan screeches.

"What a little devil you are." Pepper mutters, smiling as she wraps her arms around Morgan. Holding her tightly.

"I'm the best hider!" Morgan joyfully states.
Pepper nods, as she places herself on a seat in Morgans room. Carefully placing Morgan back down on her bed, rearranging the sheets she messily flung across the room.

"Yes Morgan, yes you are." She states.

"Now I think it's time for bed, don't you?" Pepper mutters, her eyebrow raising as she stares at the cheeky Morgan. An unamused grin paints her face.

"Now?" She grumpily mumbles. Crossing her arms angrily around her chest.

"Yes little miss, get some sleep." Pepper lovingly states. Her fingers delicately tracing through her daughters thin, fragile hair.

"Fine!" Morgan lazily mumbles, shuffling around as she gets comfortable.

"You have a busy day tomorrow, Peter is excited to see you." Pepper mutters, braiding her fingers through morgans hair. Her head slouching on her shoulder as she admires her daughter.

"What about Happy?" Morgan asks, concerned.

"Of course Happy will be visiting, did you forget its cheeseburger monday tomorrow?" Pepper questions shocked.

"Cheeseburgers!" Morgan happily grins, her head reaching to the pillow.

"Goodnight lovely." Pepper whispers, placing a gentle kiss on Morgans forehead.

"Goodnight mummy." Morgan whispers, her eyes almost closing as she battles sleep.

Pepper raises from the chair, stroking her daughters face.