Chapter 41 | Leila

Their eyes fogged over.  After a few moments, their eyes once more cleared and they turned to look at me.

"We have to go check the borders, there are rogues in the area," Coinin said as he kissed the top of my head.

Remus' eyes were still fogged over.  "Done," he said.  "She'll be here within five minutes."

"Who will," I asked.  "Shouldn't I come with?"

"No, you stay here," Romulus said sternly.  "We can't risk endangering you."  A smile started forming on my face before he finished.  "You might be pregnant after all.

I scowled at the last "I told you, I---"

"Come on," Remus said, ignoring me.  He absently kissed the top of my head as I continued to scowl.  "We have to join the others now."

They made their way to the door, Coinin pausing just before the entrance.  "We'll discuss this when we get back."

Before I could reply, they were gone.

A few minutes passed and I heard soft humming before I saw her again.  My eyes immediately narrowed.  "What are you doing here," I asked suspiciously.

She took out a nail file and began using it on her blood red nails as she chewed some gum.  Popping it, she lazily turned to look at me, a single eyebrow raised as she sent me a patronizing look.  "I'm here to babysit the pack Princess," she spat.

I raised my brows at that.  What had I ever done to her?

"You took everything from me!  They used to be my bestfriends, then my boyfriends you slut," she hissed as she slammed the nail file down on the marble counter, amber eyes flashing dangerously.

"How am I a slut?  Those are my mates!"

"I was supposed to be their mate.  Me!  Not some little girl from some backwater province," she hissed, eyes tearing up.  "What do you actually know about them, pup?"

I blinked, completely unprepared for this.  I straightened my back and sent her a condescending look.  "So what if you were their girlfriend.  The Moon Goddess chose me, they chose me.  Not you."

She narrowed her eyes and stalked towards me, fiery waves bouncing behind her.  "It was obviously a mistake.  If you were meant to be their mate, they would all still be loyal, right," she demanded as a cunning smirk curled her blood-red lips.  "You would feel it if they hadn't been after all," she added, a wicked gleam in her eyes.

"Yes, of course..."

"So why has Romulus been visiting my bed every night, all night.  Are you unable to satisfy them?  I never had any trouble with that..."

"Y-you're lying," I whispered as a single tear slowly made it's way down my face.

Her smirk widened.  "You really had no clue?  How precious," she cackled.

"No!  You're lying."

"I'm really not.  They've all visited me, especially Remus and Romulus.  Sometimes all at once," she added mercilessly.  

My face was drenched with tears as my heart twisted sharply.  "I would have felt it," I whispered.

"Not if they've been drinking the Witch's Brew," she said, referring to a watery liquid that was a milky white with poisonous green foam.  It consisted of Henbane, silver nitrate, silver, iron and wolfsbane that one drinks from a wooden cup.  It's most potent when drunk during the full moon.

Contrary to popular human belief, they won't kill a werewolf, these items will simply weaken their powers and connections with others.  If brewed incorrectly it will result in one's death and is tricky to successfully create.

"That can be dangerous," I whispered.  "Why would they do that just so that they could sleep with you."

"Maybe because you're now the Alpha of the Cleo Epifania pack?  Or maybe," she added.  "They too realize the Goddess has made a mistake."

"But we're mates...I don't believe you!"

Her eyes flicked to something behind me.  "Why don't you ask them yourself then," she purred.

I whirled around to see my three mates glaring at Suadela.  "She's lying - right," I whispered tearfully.

Coinin looked down at his feet while Remus shifted his weight from one foot to the other.  Romulus twisted his fingers as he looked down at me with red rimmed eyes.

Red rimmed...a common side affect from over indulging in Witch's Brew.  I eyed him over more carefully.  He was shaking, skin pale and clammy.  While the other two looked healthy, he looked like he was ill.

"What have you done Romulus," I whispered.  "How could you?"

"Leila, I-I..." he trailed off, shamefaced.  

"Maybe I just know what they like," a sultry voice cooed from behind me.

"Shut up Suadela,"  I shouted at the same time my mates did.

"That's not what you were saying last night," she purred.  I assumed she was talking about Romulus.

He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.  "Go upstairs Suadela," Romulus said tiredly.

"As you wish my love," she cooed as she flounced out of the kitchen.

I waited until I heard the door close, then I turned back to my mates.

"I'm going home," I said firmly.  I began making my way up the stairs, my mates trailing in my wake.

"Baby---"

I whirled around, eyes flashing.  "No!  You don't get to baby me.  What you did was wrong, and you know it."

Coinin reached out towards me and I yanked my arm back.  "Don't touch me!  I don't want your diseased hands anywhere near me!"

"Love, be reasonable---"

I didn't bother answering, I simply made my way to my room.  I threw open my suitcase and started to randomly throw things in there.  I was done in less than two minutes.

I turned towards the door only to be met with a cloth.  What was that?

"Sorry baby but we can't let you leave," Remus murmured.  "Not yet.  Not like this."

A/N: What do you think will happen next?  

What do you think of Leila's mates actions?  

Do you think Suadela was telling the truth?

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | SHARE | FOLLOW

STAY SAFE | HAVE A GREAT DAY