Chapter 31 | Leila

The pack doctor looked grim.

"He hasn't been taking most of his medication regularly," he said anxiously.  He began to absently drum his fingers on the desk he currently sat at.

I eyed my uncle worriedly as I sat next to him, gently rubbing his back.  We had found him sprawled out on the floor, passed out from the pain.  He had shattered his hip right bone and fractured several bones in his right-hand arm.

"He overdosed on the Oxycodone that I had prescribed for his pain as well which left him with worse side effects than usual.  It particularly hindered his sense of balance and his ability to stay awake," the doctor continued as he eyed me warily.

"He is extremely lucky to be alive right now - however he is extremely weak at this point and his actions haven't helped him.  If you hadn't heard him I'm not certain he would still be alive."

I stared straight ahead, not really looking at anything in particular, glassy eyed.  "Oh uncle," I whispered.  "Is there anything else that I should know I asked."

"Pray for him."

______________________

Barely a week later the Moon Goddess took my uncle.

I didn't know what to do with myself, I hardly knew where I was.  I had cried for hours on end until I was to dehydrated to anymore.  All I could manage was dry sobs that left me shaking, eyes red and puffy as I hid in my bed.

I slowly distanced myself from others, afraid of the pain I could end up with on the off chance I lost someone else.  Friends, mates, pack members acquaintances; I distanced myself from all of them as much as possible.  I knew I wouldn't be able to take it if I did.

I just lay in my bed, curled up into a fetal position under a pile of blankets, my dark curls a ratty, greasy mess as I went into what my mates called 'zombie-mode' when they thought that I couldn't hear them.

I completely stopped taking care of myself, refusing any food or drink for three days straight before Coinin finally managed to coax me into having some chicken noodle soup and tea.

I was lost without the only parental figure I had left.  First I had lost my parents, now my uncle.  It seemed like everything that I loved died.

after a few weeks of me acting this way, Leto and my mates must have had enough; they certainly were at their wits ends at any rate.  My mates, particularly Romulus were beginning to get depressed because they could feel exactly how and what I thought through our mate bond.

Leto decided to call for an intervention after a month.

A/N: Do you want to see more of a certain character?  

Who is your favorite character so far?   

Feel free to comment and let me know, I love hearing from my readers, you guys are the best!

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD SHARE | FOLLOW

STAY SAFE | HAVE A GREAT DAY