Chapter 10 | Coinin

Blood was pounding in my ears at a deafening level.  I couldn't believe how careless my brother had been, how reckless, how selfish, how, how, well...very typically Romulus.

I sighed.  Yes, I very much could.

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye.  He looked miserable. 

I took in the rest of him, his tousled hair, messy clothes, the still forming bite marks.  My eyes hardened immediately.  He had known what he was doing.  He needed to learn how to control himself sometime, to learn to act like an actual adult.

I sighed again.

I often wondered if he had been meant to be the baby of the family; he certainly acted like it.

I looked down at Leila, our poor mate.  I wish I could say that his behavior was a surprise to Remus and I.  We were certainly disgusted.  Shocked: no.  I had warned Remus that this would happen.  I f not exactly this, then something very similar.

I glared at the back of Remus' head as I remembered his exact words when Romulus had gone.

_______________________________

This Morning...

"He'll be able to hold himself back.  It's our mate, his mate,"

"I'm aware Remus.  Why do you think I'm so worried," I snapped.

"Because you wish you had won," he said.  Amusement clearly written on his face, a wide smirk playing across his lips.

"Of course I do, just like you.  That's besides the point," I hissed.

"Is it though," he asked, eyes narrowed.

"Yes.  It is.  If anything happens, it will be on you.  I warned you, I warned him.  You just stood there." I said in a low voice.  "I warned you both," I repeated.  Before he could respond, I stalked out of the room, not looking back.

________________________

The slam of a car door brought me back to reality.

I turned to glare at my brothers once more  before I carefully got out of the car, making sure that I had Leila comfortably situated in my arms.

I followed Remus as he opened the Chachee Merveille Hotel's door for me so I wouldn't have to worry about dropping her.  I made my way across the red velvet carpets to the elevator's golden doors, impatiently waiting for my brothers.

  I made my way across the red velvet carpets to the elevator's golden doors, impatiently waiting for my brothers

I carefully pressed my right elbow against the button as I waited for them to catch up

I carefully pressed my right elbow against the button as I waited for them to catch up.  They arrived just as the doors silently slid open.  I grunted as I stomped my way into the elevator, impatiently waiting for one of the idiots to press the button.  I stared out the window so I wouldn't have to look at them, or down at my injured mate.

Once the elevator arrived at the top floor I got out, waiting for one of them to open the door.  Remus quickly did so and I made my way towards my bedroom, barely resisting the urge to slam the door.

I gently placed Leila on my king-size bed, Romulus having lifted the royal blue silk sheet first, before darting out of my way.  I gently smoothed them over her, tucking her in.  I noticed blood crusted at her neck then.  Remus must have as well, because he splashed water on her.  A bucketful of ice-cold water. 

My poor mate spluttered awake at this, innocently blinking up at me in confusion.  Immediately forgetting my brothers, I felt myself melting.

"Where am I," she paused when her hand came into contact with a puddle of freezing cold water.  "Why am I in ice-water," she pouted, seemingly unaware of her adorable expression as she blearily took in her surroundings.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | FOLLOW | SHARE

STAY SAFE | HAVE A GREAT DAY