Chapter 26 | Leila

"What did you guys want to do?"

Coinin's eyes lit up as he sent a grin my way while Remus and Romulus exchanged a look.  "Can we go upstairs?"

"Sure I guess," I replied with a shrug.

The next thing I knew was the three of them were dragging me up the long marble staircase to the second floor.  Romulus had my hand clutched in his while Coinin was to my right, Remus behind me.

"Where's your room," Remus asked.

"The fourth floor, why?"

Romulus grinned in answer.  "We'd like to get to know you better," he answer as he made his way back towards the red velvet carpet of the staircase.

"That's a good idea," I said.  "We will be spending the rest of our lives together after all."

Remus nodded eagerly while Coinin grinned.  Romulus smirked down at me as he agreed.  

"Why did you want to know where my room was by the way?"  They just grinned as Romulus continued to lead me upstairs.

By the time we had arrived at the fourth floor I finally realized what they had planned.

"Can't we talk about this?"

"We can talk later," Romulus threw over his shoulder.  "Which door is it," he muttered as his nostrils flared.  Was he sniffing for where my room was?

"I could just show you," I sighed.

"Lead the way," Remus answered eagerly.

"Is it safe to leave your brother with Leto?  He doesn't seem to have much impulse control, if any,"  I tried.  Neither do you I silently added to myself as I warily eyed the three.

They exchanged looks, mind-linking one another.  Stamping my foot in frustration, I stopped where I was.  They staggered to an abrupt halt as I glared up at them.

"I'd like an honest answer that hasn't been rehearsed in your heads."

"Yes, it's safe," Remus finally replied while Coinin and Romulus nodded in agreement.  "He is a bit of a perv though," he reluctantly admitted.  Coinin's and Romulus' nodding almost immediately turned to matching scowls, two for the price of one.

"Thank you," I said making sure to emphasize the word you.  "As a reward, you can choose what movie we'll watch,"  I continued haughtily.

Coinin and Romulus groaned.  "Anything but that!  He has the worst taste in movies."

At least I had managed to distract them from the original mission I thought.

"Why don't we do some...wrestling...instead," Romulus said with a wink.

Never mind then.

"No a movie's great, thanks though.  Wrestling isn't my thing, why don't you do that with Coinin," I asked innocently.

Their eyes narrowed at the same time as if it was rehearsed, lips thinned to identical lines.

"If you weren't my mate," Romulus muttered.

"Come on, let's just go watch a movie," Coinin said quickly.

I nodded in agreement as I led them the rest of the way to my room before entering.

"What kind of T.V. do you have," Remus asked as we entered.

"A working one?"

"Not that," he chuckled.  "I assumed as much.  I meant what size is it, the brand, etc."

"Oh!  Sorry, I have no clue."

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Remus said as he sent a look toward his brother.  "Where are your movies," he asked as I pressed a button so that what appeared to be just an ornate wall piece opened to reveal a T.V.

"Wow," Remus moaned.

"I didn't even know these were out yet," Coinin breathed,  "How did you get this?"

"My uncle got it for me as an early birthday present.  I was worried that he had wasted a lot of money on it but he didn't.  He said it was just a little higher end."

"A little?"

Remus cleared his throat.  "Movies?"

"Oh, right," I said as I made my way to the bookcase below the T.V. and pulled on a copy of Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake.

"You've got to be kidding me," Remus cried as he threw his hands in the air.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | SHARE | FOLLOW

STAY SAFE | HAVE A GREAT DAY