Chapter 14 | Leila

He ended up driving me home to my pack house since he seemed to be out of distractions much to my relief.  I gave him the directions, only for him to gently remind me that he and his brothers had been there to meet with my uncle about a peace treaty.

It was quiet in the car as he drove me back.  It was driving me insane with boredom.  "Do you mind if I turn the radio on?"

"Hm?  Oh.  Um, no, of course not," Coinin said with a small smile.

I briefly wondered what had him so distracted then shrugged it away as I fiddled with the radio.  I was hoping I could find NPR so that there would be some talking in the car, particularly intelligent discussions.

I had to settle for a pop/rock station after a while though.  I didn't want to listen to static for the whole car ride after all.  Rihanna's voice played from the radio as I quietly hummed along, tapping my fingers to the beat as she sang.

"You like her?"

Startled from Coinin's suddenly speaking after fifteen minutes of nearly complete silence, I turned to him in slight confusion.  "Who?"

"Her, the singer on right now...Rihanna, right?"  He asked as he looked at me from the corner of his eyes before returning to the road.

"Yeah...I mean, who doesn't," I said absently as I returned to humming along to her singing.  He grunted at that.

The rest of the ride back was made in silence.

___________

After he dropped me off I decided to call Leto and see if she still wanted to have our usual spa and splurge weekend.  After she agreed, provided I would tell her everything that happened, I got into my turquoise Mercedes and quickly made my way to her apartment.

Leto's parents were much less strict than my uncle, not that that was really saying much.  Luckily for her, they let her have her own apartment when she turned 16, something about needing her own space.

I finally arrived at her apartment fifteen minutes later.  "Let the fun begin," I murmured to myself as I made my way inside.

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | FOLLOW | SHARE

STAY SAFE | HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY