Chapter 23 | Leila

"What," I said dumbly as I gaped at him, eyes wide from shock.  If my eyes widened any further they would be rolling around on the floor like a pair of useless marbles.

"The names Ernouf, Beta Ernouf, love."

"And..?"

And...I'm your mate," he replied calmly.  "I'm so glad that I came to check on what was taking the Alphas so long," he continued.

"Impossible!  You can't be, I can't have four mates!  How would that even work?" 

Three mates were rare enough as it was.  The majority of situations were this had happened tended to happen with my mate's family.

Right then I actually wished that all three of my mates were here.  I'd rather deal with Remus or Coinin any day over Ernouf.  I wasn't so sure about Romulus.

"Wait, you have three other mates?  Who are---"

Just then a loud growl came from the door.  Make that three.   "Brother, I suggest that you take your hand off my mate before I do it for you."  Coinin stood at the doorway, hands fisted at his sides while Remus and Romulus stood just behind him at either side.

"I don't think I will," was his cocky reply.  "The thing is, she's my mate."

Coinin's eyes widened at that.  When had they stopped fighting and come in anyways?

"But that's unheard of!  Three mates," Coinin said slowly.  "You must be confused."

Romulus was glowering at Ernouf while Remus was sulking by the door.  

"You never said you had another brother!"

"For good reason," Coinin muttered.

Ernouf turned to me with a grin.  "These three buffoons are my older brothers," he explained.  "We're all from the Showed Fang pack."

I ignored him and turned to Romulus.  "What did you say," I hissed, eyes narrowed to slits.  "Didn't I say I didn't want to talk to you?"

"You're not talking though, I am," he mumbled.

"You knew what I meant!"

"Babe," he groaned as he reached for me.  I shrugged his hand off of my shoulder and turned my back to him, returning my attention to my other two mates.

Then Ernouf's whole body stiffened and he started to sniff the air.  It couldn't have been me; I had just showered.

His pupils dilated until there was only a slim ring of chocolate brown surrounding them.  His head snapped to the door while he abruptly dropped the arm that had been reaching for me.

"Mate."

I tilted my head to the side as I eyed him in confusion.  "We already discussed this: I'm not you're mate!"

"No, not you - her."  My eyes widened in realization.

A/N: Who do you think his mate is?

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | FOLLOW | SHARE

STAY SAFE | HAVE A GREAT DAY