~𝙸 𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗, 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛~~𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚛~

bzzzzz bzzzzzz

"ughhhhhh" Karl grumbled as he smacked his hand around, trying to locate the off button for his alarm. as his hand was moving around, he accidentally smacked the phone off his nightstand with the side of his hand

He slowly pulled himself up and picked up his phone from the floor of his room where it lay. once the buzzing stopped, the room was filled with an odd silence. He stood up and walked grouchily over to his closet. He rubbed his eyes with his fists and tried to rub the sleep out of them. 

He eventually settled on a baby blue crewneck over a button-up with jeans and a pair of converse. He attempted to make less of a mess of his hair in the bathroom mirror but gave up after around 10 minutes. 

He walked down the hall and was not surprised to find no one there. sure enough, there was a note on the counter from his mom, telling him she had to go to work early and would be home the next day by 5 pm.

Sighing, He grabbed a waffle and shoved it in the toaster, and pulled out his phone to scroll through Twitter

once the waffles were eaten and he had his school stuff ready, he grabbed his keys and got in his car. as soon as it turned on, the music he had been playing last time he drove started up again. Sweater Weather. 

It was his favorite song and he loved that it was kind of a bi anthem. 

He had come out to his parents as bi about a year ago, in Junior year. He was glad they knew he was bi, but they didn't know that he was on the ace spectrum. He knew that if he told them, they would accept him, but he didn't know what to say.

"hey mom and dad, I don't like sex as much as most people"? he really didn't know. maybe he would just let them figure it out. they would have to catch on eventually, right?

-sapnap pov-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and pulled the pillows over my head. My mom called from downstairs. 

"NICK! GET UP! YOU HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL TODAY!"

Shit. I forgot. I know your probably thinking you don't know how I could forget about school, but the last couple of months have been confusing.

𝚃𝚆: 𝚊 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎, 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐

First, My parents divorced a while ago, but it was never peaceful. My dad kept trying to come back even though we had told him to leave. He would not stop and it came to the point of having to file a restraining order and moving, just in case. 

At some points, I couldn't go to school because school wasn't safe, I had a hangover, or we were in court. 

Then there was the problem of partying. When my parents started to fight, I started going to parties. Then I started drinking at those parties and kept getting drunk. When we moved I promised myself I would turn over a new leaf. 

-𝚝𝚠 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛-

Now I'm late for my first day at school and I have to deal with getting myself there because my mom is taking the car to work. I run to my closet and throw on a pair of grey sweatpants (𝙶𝚛𝙴𝚈 𝚜𝚠𝙴𝚊𝚃𝚙𝚊𝙽𝚃𝚜) and a black hoodie. I ran past my mom in the kitchen and grabbed a bar from our pantry as fast as I could. 

"Bye, mom!" I said with my mouth full. "bye hon! remember, I'm going on a business trip until next week! there's money on the counter! love you!" I muttered a love you through my food-filled mouth and slammed the door and ran to the bus stop, hoping there would be a bus I could take. Sure enough, Bus 18 had a stop right by school. As I hopped on, I saw other kids my age who seemed to be taking the bus as well. I put in my earbuds and closed my eyes as my favorite song, Sweater Weather, filled my ears. 

-𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚍𝚔 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎-

Once I got to school, I went to the office. there I me the secretary who was a blonde woman who looked like she couldn't be over 20. She gave me my locker number, code, my schedule, and other little tid bits of info. I was still tired and yamwing as I made my way over to my locker.

I looked up from the ground to see another boy crouching down to put his things in the locker next to mine. He was very attractive. His light brown hair was swept messily back, but somehow it looked perfect. He was wearing a blue crewneck over a button up with some jeans. so simple, but he made it look like high fashion. he turned to me and I saw his hazel eyes meet mine. they had specks of gold and the light bounced off of them beautifully. 

He chuckled which snapped me out of my trance. I felt my face start to turn hot and a blush crept across my cheeks. I resumed walking and kept my eyes glued to the floor. Once I reached the lockers I checked back to my locker code and attemted to un lock it while stealing quick glances at the boy next to me

he was even more perfect up close. He had some light freckles that spread across his peachy face (𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍  𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝). He was smiling softly and blushing. I turned back to my locker and kept trying to open it, but it wouldn't budge. 

"want some help?" I jumped a bit at hearning his soft voice.

"um... yeah.. sure. thanks" i scooted a bit to the side as he opened it with ease. "thanks" i said shyly. "no problem. my names karl by the way. nice to meet you!" "hi. I'm nick, but you can call me sapnap. Im new here" 

"I could tell!" he said laughing softly. "hey, what classes do you have?"

"homeroom with ms. johnson, math with Mr. B, english with Ms. Peter, Lunch group 1,  then i have science with Mr. anderson and then spanish last period." (𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚒 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜)

"Wow ok! I have the same homeroom, english, lunch and i also take spanish! do you wanna walk to homeroom?"

"sure" i say. I'm blushing so hard at this point it would be hard to notice. We walk and talk to our homeroom. We have a lot of mutual interests. Gaming, our parents being divorced, having working moms, music taste, we both drink LOTS of energy drinks and love junk food. Once we make it to homeroom, He takes a seat in front of me and turns around to talk to me but all i can focus on is his features. 

I snapped out of my trance when our teacher walked in and made Karl turn around to the front or the room. She spotted me and made me introduce myself because I joined halfway through the year. to sum it up... it was awkward. 

I sat back down and tried to focus, but all I could pay attention to was Karl.

𝟷𝟸𝟷𝟽 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜! 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛! 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚛! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚛! 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍!

-𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙