~𝙾𝚑, 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝚖𝚢 ~𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐~~𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝?~

-Sapnap pov-

-time skip to lunch-

After a couple of hours of classes, we trudged to the lunchroom. We both grabbed our trays and a plate of gross cafeteria food. Karl pointed out a small table by the window so we made our way over there

I looked out the window and saw people sitting on the steps outside. there was a girl with pink hair sitting next to a guy in a beanie playing the guitar, and two kids, one in a red and white shirt and one in a green one running around screaming. probably freshmen. 

We sat down and started to poke and prod at the jiggly mystery meat in front of us (𝚎𝚠). 

"This looks disgusting," I said. Karl nodded in agreement. He attempted to cut it and managed to get a small chuck out. "what if I...." he teased with the chunk dangling on his fork, dangerously close to his mouth. "DONT," I said sternly. "Karl.... don't do it" he opened his mouth and brought the meat closer and closer to his face. Before I could stop him, he shoved the piece into his mouth. 

He held in a gag and ran over to the nearest trash can and bent over it, spitting into the can. I couldn't contain myself and started laughing hysterically. I grabbed my stomach and kept laughing until he made his way back over to the table looking annoyed.

I calmed down my laughter and looked down at my plate. I looked at it with disgust and threw it in the trash. when I walked back over to the table, I had an idea. "hey, what if we went out for lunch? I mean, we're seniors, so we're technically allowed to" I could see Karl's eyes brighten as he perked up. "Sure! where do you want to go?" he looked much happier than he had been a couple minutes ago.

"there's this cool sandwich shop a couple of blocks away we could go to? I forget what it's called, but I know where it is."

"Sounds good!" he leaned over to grab his bag, and we made our way to the doors that were next to the window. We passed the beanie guy as he was strumming

"He's in your bed, I'm in your Twitch chat
I've got the key and he's just a doormat
And even though he's got social skills
That doesn't mean I can't pay the bills"

I chuckled at the silly lyrics. Who would ever make that a real song? We kept walking and made it down through the gates and walked out of school. Karl had a bit of a jump in his step as we were walking and it made me giggle. 

His hands swung back and forth as he walked, and It took all my willpower not to grab hold and interlock our fingers. My face felt hot again as I realized what I was thinking. "He just wants to be friends. I could never betray his trust like that."

I shook my thoughts out of my head and jogged a bit to catch up to him. We were making our way down the block and crossing the street when a car suddenly turned as we were crossing. (𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝'𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚜𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚍𝚌. 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎) All I could think at that moment was "Karl. car. collision. help"  before I knew what I was doing I pushed Karl and pushed him down to the sidewalk on the other side of the street. We fell to the pavement and I kept myself from falling by placing my hands on either side of Karl's shoulders facing him. He turned around and stared at me. It took me a second to register what position we were in when I noticed the look in his eyes,

His eyes softened a bit from terrified to... almost... loving. My eyes fell to his lips. They looked so soft. so perfect. Then I snapped out of it and rolled over and stood up. Karl looked almost disappointed as I offered a hand to help him up

"Thank y-," he said quietly. Before he could say anything else I enveloped him in a bear hug and buried my face in the crook of his shoulder. "don't ever scare me like that again" I muttered into him. He pulled me closer to him and rested his head on top of mine. I don't know how long we stood like that but I didn't want to stop

Eventually, Karl pulled away. "we should probably keep going if we want to make it back to the campus on time" I hummed in agreement and we kept walking

-time skip cause I'm lazy (they're in the sandwich shop eating now)-

I couldn't stop staring. I had ordered a meatball sub and it sat almost untouched in its wrapper. Karl was eating his sandwich hungrily but he somehow still looked cute. I never understood how people can eat cutely. I look like a lion ripping apart a dead animal when I eat. 

His eyes glittered in the sunlight and his hair fell beautifully across his forehead. I couldn't help but stare. He had a soft blush settled on top of his light freckles. I couldn't tell if the blush was from makeup, or if it was natural. He looked a bit flustered as he looked up and met my eyes. I looked away as I felt my face start to redden. I took a big bite out of my sandwich to keep my mouth full so I couldn't say something stupid. 

Karl giggled and looked back to his sandwich. "You know you see me every day. you don't have to stare" 

I almost spat out my food. I coughed and choked a bit at the remark. I blushed even harder, if that was possible, and finished chewing. "I wasn't staring," I said grumpily. He giggled again which sent a swarm of butterflies racing in my stomach. 

-Karl pov- 

I was walking across the street when suddenly I heard a car and turned to see a car coming directly for me. I felt a weight on my back and I was pushed to the ground. I turned around to see sapnap leaning over me, hands on either side of me. 

My breath quickened as I stared into his eyes. I realized right then and there that he was so perfect. I couldn't tell what I was feeling, but it was too early to call it love. I watched as his eyes softened a bit and his gaze fell to my lips. My eyelids became half-lidded as I was almost expecting him to kiss me. 

Then something seemed to click and he stood and reached out a hand to me, looking a bit confused at himself. I felt a bit disappointed but still grabbed his hand and pulled myself up. I tried to thank him, but before I could finish my sentence, he pulled me into a tight hug. He nuzzled his head closer into the crook of my neck. "don't ever scare me like that again" he mumbled. It was hard to hear, but once the words came out I pulled him into a tighter hug and rested my head on his. 

I wanted to stay like that forever, but realized we should probably get moving if we wanted to get back to campus on time. "we should probably keep going if we want to make it back to the campus on time" He nodded and we kept going.

once inside the sandwich shop we ordered and sat at a table. There was a comfortable silence as we sat waiting. we got our orders and sat down. I started unwrapping the sandwich as fast a possible. I was really hungry because I hadn't had breakfast. I finally got the sandwich out and started eating, savoring every bite. I noticed that sapnap's sub stayed untouched and his eyes were trained on me. 

I felt a blush creeping up to my cheeks, but I felt safe under his gaze. Maybe, just maybe, he liked me. I looked up and met his eyes. He looked flustered and took a big bite out of his sandwich to compensate. I giggled and looked back down. "You know you see me every day. you don't have to stare"

He choked on his sandwich and coughed a bit. I smiled at his reaction and looked at him as he stopped choking and blushed furiously. "I wasn't staring," he said grumpily. I giggled and saw him try to hide a smile. Maybe he did like me

"Hey sapanp, do you wanna come over to my house at some point for a sleepover?" 

Sapnap looked up at me with wide eyes "wait seriously?" he looked skeptic but hopeful. 

"of course! why not?"

"well, I wasn't exactly the most popular person at my old school. I haven't been to a sleepover since 6th grade or something."

"well perfect chance! my mom is out of town on a business trip, so we'll have the house to ourselves!"

He smiled in agreement. "sounds good! when?" 

"how does friday work? maybe I drive you to my house after school?"

"perfect" he smiled and took another bite of his sandwich. I felt proud of my plan and kept eating my sandwich happily. 

𝟷𝟻𝟻𝟽 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜! 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚠! 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝟸0 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜! 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗!

-𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙