My Bestfriends Boyfriends Bestfriend FINAL

When I woke up the sun was high in the sky and streaming through my windows. I groaned and turned over, pulling my sheets over my eyes. I was used to waking up alone but there should have been someone in my bed next to me. Unless he ran off again. 

 Shit! I sat up abruptly. Samson usually woke me up at seven. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 10. Oh my god. I stumbled out of bed, still in my jeans from last night, and sprinted over to Samson's room. He wasn't there and I started freaking out. Fuck, I need to call 911. 

 "Hey," I spun around to see Rudy, "you're up," He was holding my smiling son in his arms and I deflated. Samson was okay, Rudy was still here. I bent over and rested my hands on my knees and took a few deep breaths in.

 "Jesus fuck, you scared the crap out of me, I thought Samson was gone," I said.

"I'm so sorry," Rudy said, "I woke up and he was whining on the monitor. I figured since I was already awake I'd let you sleep."

I stood up straight and took in the sight. Rudy was wearing my sweatshirt from yesterday even though it sat a little high on his hips. His curls were out of control and he propped Samson on his hip. Samson was still in his PJs from last night but was gleefully gnawing on a teething toy. I let out a huge sigh of relief and wrapped them both in my arms. I was so worried and they were both right there. 

 "Do you want some coffee?" Rudy asked as he wrapped his spare arm around my back and squeezed.

"You made coffee?" I asked while pulling away, keeping one of my hands on Rudy's hip and the other resting on Samson's back. 

 "Yeah, some pancakes too. I didn't know if Samson had any allergies so I just gave him some bananas and apples," Rudy explained, "c'mon big guy," He wrapped his hand in mine and led me into the kitchen. 

Sure enough, there was a plate with a few pancakes and a tall mug of coffee waiting for me on the counter. Samson's highchair was clean and there was a bowl in the sink with the remnants of crushed banana in it.

 "Are you like an Angel?" I asked.

"What?" he laughed, shaking his head. As I sat down at the counter he moved and while handing Samson over to me he kissed my lips lightly.

 The actions shocked me but I was pleased. It was so domestic like he had been here the whole time.

--

Slow we went. Rudy went back to his apartment after I ate but he came over a few times each week. Samson was really growing attached to him after a month or so. We both got so used to light touches that whenever we saw each other he stuck so close I swore Angel and Cole made us a few times but Rudy assured me that Angel was clueless. 

One night, maybe 5 weeks after we spent the morning together, Rudy was sitting on the floor playing with Samson. I sat across from him a few feet away. It was an exciting week, we had both been fitted for our suits and I ended up calling Rudy Wednesday morning because Samson had said "papa" and I was crying. He chuckled and called me adorable.

 It was Friday now, another week of longing for him to be by my side and aching for the feeling of his arms around me in bed. We hadn't advanced much in the sex department, aside from one night where we jacked each other off. Rudy was staying over tonight to "finalize bachelor party stuff" but both knew that was bullshit.

 While teetering towards Rudy, Samson stumbled and Rudy caught him before he hit the ground. "Hey, what did I say about nose dives?" Rudy joked and sat Samson on his knee.

 "Ah!" Samson cheered.

"Really? You don't say" Rudy pinched his nose and Samson giggled loudly. I knew a cheesy smile was plastered on my face but how could I help it? Rudy was a natural with Samson and I mean, what's cuter than a giant man with a tiny baby? "Papa!'' Samson cooed and I looked to him expecting him to be reaching for me but he hit his stuffed animal against Rudy's chest.