Chapter 27: No Worries

Chapter 27: NoWorries

Cole sat with his left knee bouncing up and down in worry. It had been more than an hour since he watched Angel disappear behind the door to a therapist's office. Cole knew that he needed time and someone to talk too alone but not being next to him was killing Cole. He could only imagine what Angel was talking about. The first time he was beaten? Maybe the time his adopted father first burned him? Maybe the story of how he got the scars on his shoulder? Maybe even the story of the stabbing.

Not knowing was killing him. Cole closed his eyes tightly and tried to think about happier things than the gross abuse his lover suffered in his earlier years. Once they had gotten home from Portland, Angel asked Carson to find him a therapist because Angel didn't have the energy to search through names to find one that was worth barring his demons at.

Carson found a trauma therapist on the west side of town that he said he'd pay for. Angel was done fighting people who offered to help him, so he thanked his uncle and asked Cole to drive him to his first appointment. Cole quickly agreed which is how he got to where he sat now. The woman's name was Annabel Lee-French, a therapist who specialized in childhood trauma. Cole was horrified to think of some of the things she's probably dealt with but once researching her, was confidant she'd be able to help Angel.

It was another half hour before the door opened and Cole shot upright. Angel looked tired but there was a small smile sewn into his lips, so Cole let out a sigh of relief. He'd feel terrible if he hadn't been there when Angel broke down and needed comfort. Angel glanced at Cole and his smile grew. Angel and Dr. French walked over to Cole.

"How'd it go?" Cole asked Angel, taking his hand carefully and Angel squeezed back.

"Good," Angel looked at Dr. French for conformation, "I didn't realize how angry I was, have I always been so pissed?" Angel chuckled.

"I think it was allowed" Cole suggested.

"Angel was awesome, one of the strongest men I've met in my career. Next week we'd like for you join in in the second half of the session if that's alright with you?" she looked at Cole who rose his brows slightly but nodded quickly.

"Yeah," Cole agreed, "Of course."

"Then you two are free to go," Dr. French joked, and Cole snickered. She turned and slid a new manila folder to her secretary who nodded at whatever the tall woman said and spun in her chair to file the new folder.

"Ready to go?" Angel asked Cole who stopped focusing on Dr. French and looked back to his boyfriend.

"Yeah, we have to do homework" Cole said, and Angel rolled his eyes in annoyance, whining in the process but Cole tugged the man towards where Cole had Parked the car. Cole was dying to ask about what they had talked about but knew that it wasn't really his business, that was Angel's private time to talk about what was going on. Who knows, they could have talked about Cole.

"Hey, did you remember to submit your entry for the photo contest?" Angel asked as they drove home.

"Yeah, the show is next week, right? I can't wait to see what you submitted. I bet you like 70 kisses you won" Cole said.

"I don't know about that, but I do want those 70 kisses" Angel laughed, and his phone dinged in his pocket. Cole kept his eyes on the road while Angel checked his texts.

"Is it Harry?" Cole asked, he had been texting both boys since they left Portland.

"yeah, he wants to come visit in a few weeks if he can" Angel said.

"We have the guest room" Cole suggested, "or he could get a hotel, but it's up to you Ang"

"Ugh" Angel sighed, "I hate making decisions, can't you make them for me"

"I thought you weren't interested in what Nick and Matt have" Cole teased, and Angel stuck his tongue out at the other boy.

They pulled into he driveway of their home and Cole parked while Angel texted his father back. They got out the car and Angel shivered, "it's too cold" he said.

Cole stopped walking and wrapped Angel in his arms, picking the boy up off the ground slightly. Angel laughed loudly, "stop! Put me down, I'm too heavy".

"Hmm, you have been eating a lot of Oreos lately, I don't think coach will like that" Cole joked and set Angel down on his feet again. Angel wrapped his arms around Cole's neck and Cole held onto Angels thin hips.

"Coach can kiss my ass" Angel smiled, laying is cold fingers on the back of Coles neck, he didn't mind though.

"Kinky" Cole wiggled he eyebrows and leaned in to kiss Angels lips. Angel smiled against Coles plump lips and tightened his arms around Cole. Cole grabbed onto Angels belt and pulled him closer.

"Hey boys" Tara called from the door way, "Don't give the neighborhood a show, eh?" she shook her finger at them jokingly and the boys parted. Cole rolled his eyes at his sister and Angel pressed his face into Coles neck, slightly embarrassed.

"Let's go in, yeah?" Cole suggested.

"No" Angel responded, "I want my ass to freeze out here".

"Well, that's no fun, that's my ass" Cole shot his lover a sly grin.

"You wish it was" Angel bit the air, teasing Cole about their positions in the bedroom. Cole rolled his eyes again and took Angels hand, leading him through the door.

Dinner was almost ready when they got in the house. Tara was in the kitchen helping Shay with whatever she was cooking, and James was watching football in the living room. Cole got distracted by the game and wandered off to sit next to his father while the game was on. Angel followed him to the den but had no interest in the game, he found his place next to Violet.

Angel began to scratch under Violets chin and she meowed loudly, "really?" he asked and continued to pet the fluffy cat. Shay called everyone to the table a little after that and Angel, James, and Cole all wandered off to the table. James sat at the head of the table, Shay on his left and Tara next to her. Cole sat to his fathers right and Angel's place was next to him.

"Thank you for dinner" Angel smiled at Shay and she grinned.

"Anytime, Angel" Shay nodded her head, Angel, now used to full meals everyday didn't start to scarf down the food like he did when he first started living with the Jefferson's. He ate slowly, savoring the hot meal and Shay watched him with fond eyes.

"So, Christmas is coming up" Tara broke the comfortable silence, "Any plans to see your dad?" she asked Angel who was suddenly the center of attention.

He slowly looked up from his food to find the families eyes on him, "Uh," he swallowed thickly, "I don't know, I haven't celebrated Christmas in like ten years. When my adopted dad lost his job, we didn't really have the money for that." Angel snickered.

Cole's jaw clenched, Angel was so unfazed when talking about his childhood but the fact that he was robbed of his innocent years was painful for the Jefferson's to think about.

"Maybe you can invite him over" Shay suggested, "We haven't seen Harry is almost 20 years" she looked to James who had his eyes locked on Angel. His brows were furred downward sin thought. Cole moved his free hand to Angels knee, to sooth the anxious bouncing.

"If that's alright with you Angel," James softened his gaze, "I think that's a fine idea".

"I'll ask him" Angel nodded shyly.

"If he can't come or if you don't want him to be there, no worries" Shay insisted.

Those calming words didn't sooth the bubbling in Angels stomach, he had jus gotten that part of his life back. He was still getting to know his father, he knew more about the Jefferson's than he did his own father. It was weird, it was all very weird. Angel sucked a breath in between his teeth and exhaled quietly. No worries, right?