Chapter 15: Jersey

Just a reminder that Cole is black- father black and mother mixed and Angel is half White half Hispanic south American, raised in a white household.

Cole           

Cole

Angel

Chapter 15: Jersey

Going back to school after the incident was a nerve racking thing to Angel. He'd happily been drowning in the way Cole spoiled him, but he doubted that the jock would be as open with his touches in school.

Carson had gone to Angels old home and collected the rest of Angels belongings. Shay and James insisted it all be brought to their house- fond of having Angel so close. Carson had also reportedly screamed at Angels adoptive parents until his voice went hoarse. Cole knew Angel wouldn't admit it but that meant a lot to him.

Carson had somewhat filled the hole of missing a father figure in Angels life. Angel had never let the soccer ball he got from Carson on his 9th birthday out of his sight and now that it was back in Angels full possession he was always out in the backyard messing around with it. Cole had taken several videos of him playing.

Cole was so overjoyed to see Angel being able to live like a normal teenager. He got to play soccer and guitar. He had dinner with a family every night and never had to worry about being beaten again.

The night before Angels return to school he sat on Coles bedroom floor while Cole did homework. He was fiddling with the cuffs of Coles football letterman- which he stole even if the sleeve were slightly too short.

"Hey where did you apply to college?" Angel suddenly asked- flopping onto his side on the carpet and facing Coles desk.

"I was scouted by University of Oregon" Cole said, "I haven't decided one hundred percent, but I'll mostly likely end up there- I mean how can I pass up a full ride?" Cole chuckled.

Angel picked at the curls of the carpet and bit on his bottom lip. Cole finally turned to look at Angel and frowned quickly, "Did you apply anywhere?" Cole asked, taking a moment away to from his History homework to sild in his chair and face Angel.