Chapter 8: Nobody Else But Me

Chapter 8: nobody else but me

            Cole's head was spinning. Angel was asleep in his bed- finger making a fist in the sheets and badly beaten. Cole was sitting on the floor with his back leaning on his bed. The stomach ache that sent him home that day was gone- now he was sick from something else. He felt this burning urge to monopolize Angel- lock him in this room and not let anyone else hurt the punk.

            Cole was never so possessive but seeing warm tears in Angels eyes stirred something within him. He hated it. Laura had sent him many texts after he left that day and he hadn't responded to a single one of them. He was too absorbed in his own thoughts. He rose his finger tips and touched his lips. They tingled when thinking of Angel. How defenseless he was at this very moment.

            There was just something wrong. Something must be wrong with him. He had nothing against gay people- just...it wasn't him. This man sitting inside his body- wasn't him. It was the only thought that could calm Cole enough that he noticed Angel rolling over and whimpering. Cole turned his head and saw Angels eyes flutter open. One of them was slightly swollen but he looked at Cole with dark eyes and Cole felt buzzed again. Warm. Fuzzy.

            "Hey" Cole whispered.

            "Hey" Angel chuckled. Cole turned his body and sat on his knees- his hands laid on his bed sheets- he resisted the need to reach out and comfort the punk.

            "How do you feel?" Cole asked.

            "Like shit" Angel said honestly- rolling onto his back and rubbing his eyes with the pads of his fingers, "Thanks for all of this- I'll head out after dinner"

            "Like hell" Cole stated, "You aren't going anywhere. You are going to sleep here-eat here- shower here. I refuse to let you go home if you are just going to be hurt"

            "Cole, I don't need protecting" Angel sat up painfully.

            Cole pushed himself up and sat on the bed facing Angel, he reached out and placed his hand on Angels leg. Angel stiffened but didn't pull away, "what are you doing?"

            "I don't know" Cole admitted, "All I know is that I really want to kiss you" Cole mumbled.

            "Then do it" Angel said- tipping his face down- embarrassed.

            "Seriously?" Cole rose his eye brows in surprise.

            "what? I'm sad- in pain- and want to be comforted." Angel looked up at Cole through his eyelashes.

            They looked down and were silent for a moment. Cole shifted his weight between sides of his hips before scooting forwards to they were also chest to chest. He moved his hand from Angels leg to over his hand and resting his clammy forehead on Angels shoulder.

            "I don't want you to cry anymore" Cole said, "I don't want you to have to go home"

            "What about Laura"

            "I'll figure something out" Cole sighed, "I just...why'd you wrap me around your finger like this?"

            "I promise I didn't try to" Angel said.

            "I know" Cole moved his head and they were so close- he could feel Angels breath on his face- he smelled like ciggs and for the first time in his life- the smell made him feel happy, "you're right" Cole looked into Angels eyes, "I didn't have fun- but you came along and made me so mad. But somewhere that anger became happiness"