Part 39

Three months later

Y/n's POV

"Let mommy sleep Allegra" I heard Mattia whisper to Allegra as he lifted her off me. "You know mommy needs sleep when you wake her up four times throughout the night" he continued talking as if she understood what he was saying. I heard her giggle and he chuckled. "You like to annoy mommy huh?" he joked.

I opened my eyes and saw him lay down on the bed, still holding her. He placed her on his chest, and she snuggled closer to him. She mumbled something and closed her eyes. He stroke his hand over her back, and seconds later tiny snores were coming out of her mouth. I smiled, before a yawn escaped my mouth, making Mattia look over at me.

"Good morning" he smiled and wrapped one arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Good morning to you too" I smiled back and kissed his cheek. At the sound of my voice, Allegra's eyes shot open and she squealed excited, wiggling in Mattia's arms, trying to get out of his grip. "Woah, calm down buddy" Mattia laughed as she wiggled out of his arms and plopped down onto me.

She made a weird noise and laid her head over my chest. "Hi baby" I smiled and ran my hand through her short black hair. She made another noise and I looked over at Mattia. "In five minutes, she will be craving you again" I laughed and kissed the side of her head.

Having her in our life still felt like a dream. The second she was born our lives turned brighter. She was the light in our life and would always be.

"Happy one year btw" Mattia said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked confused over at him and he sat up and handed me a little gift. "One year?" I asked confused and sat up, putting Allegra in my lap. She reached out for the gift and grabbed it out of his hands before dropping it beside me.

I picked it up and gently unwrapped it, revealing a little box. I looked up at Mattia and he smiled. "I'm really sorry if I'm forgetting something" I mumbled and opened the box. A golden heart formed necklace was inside the box, and the date of our wedding was engraved onto the heart.

I picked it up and saw that the heart could be opened. I opened it up and smiled as I saw the picture inside:

 I opened it up and smiled as I saw the picture inside:

(Pretend that it's y/n, Mattia and Allegra's hands :))

I put the necklace back into the box and grabbed my phone, checking the date. I rubbed my forehead embarrassed and looked at Mattia. "I'm a horrible wife" I mumbled, mentally cursing myself out for forgetting our one-year wedding anniversary. "Y its ok, I almost forgot myself" he smiled and lifted Allegra into his lap.

How could I forget this day? I had bought him a gift a month ago but showing him that I remembered the day was more important than just giving him the gift. I looked down at my hands as I heard him playing with her, and before I knew it, I was about to cry. 

Mattia's POV

"Y its ok, I almost forgot myself" I smiled and lifted Allegra into my lap. I started playing with her, and soon noticed y/n being silent. I looked over at her and saw her staring down at her intertwined hands in her lap. I looked closer at her face and my heart dropped as I saw her on the verge of tears.

I looked down at Allegra and saw her reaching for the purple teddy bear in her crib. "You want that one?" I asked and lifted her up, putting her into her crib, where she instantly grabbed the teddy bear and started playing with it. Now that she was distracted, I turned my attention to y/n and scooted closer to her.

I wrapped my arms around her, and she rested her head against my chest. "Y I told you it wasn't a big deal" I said and stroke her hair away from her face. She looked up at me and let out a frustrated sigh, trying not to cry. "The anniversary isn't important to me, as long as I have you" I smiled and cupped her face. "And of course, Allegra" I added before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

As I removed my lips, she pulled me into a hug, and I lifted her onto me. "You are such a softie" I chuckled into her hair as I ran my hand up and down her back. "I still can't understand how I forgot. I even bought your gift a month ago and had planned that I was going to wake you up by dumping a bucket of water over you" she mumbled into my neck.

I laughed at her plan and playfully pinched her side. "I am beyond thankful that you didn't remember". She giggled and pulled away from me. The tears were still shining in her eyes, but I knew she felt better. "I love you Polibio" she smiled as I ran my thumbs over her eyes, removing every sign of her tears. "I love you too Mrs. Polibio" I smiled back before pulling her face closer to mine and attaching our lips together.

We were suddenly interrupted when we heard Allegra giggling. We both looked over at her and saw her staring at us, with the most innocent smile plastered over her face. "She looks kinda suspicious don't you think?" I smiled to y/n, as I examined Allegra. Y/n nodded her head in agreement and we both moved over to Allegra's crib.

I lifted her out of the crib and y/n instantly started tickling her. She squealed and started laughing uncontrollably. I looked at y/n and we both started laughing. God, what would I do without these two?

A.N
Just a little insight of how they are as a family :)
Kinda proud of this chapter lol
Word count: 1031