6. First supper

Goldline International was one of the top schools in the country. It took a lot for Emilia to get Qin Lu into the school but she did it because she knew it was worth it. As a mother she wanted her son to have the best of everything and this school was the best.

It had top facilities, and highly qualified teachers and their ranking and educational system were one of the best the country had to offer. This school was just perfect for little Qin.

Though Emilia did not mention how hard it was to attend this school with Qin Lu's intelligence it wasn't hard to figure it out. And since he knew how hard it was for his mom to get him in here, he worked hard at school and did his absolute best at all times

As expected he did not disappoint her. Not only was Qin Lu at the top of his grade every time, but he had also skipped two grades altogether and was in a class with children who were two or three years older than him. The pride Emilia felt every time she came to this school. From how well he was doing even making friends, Emilia knew she had done the right thing getting him a place here.

Emilia drove into the school and parked by the waiting area among other parents.
Even though she knew of what was to come, Emilia did not have any plans whatsoever of withdrawing Qin Lu from school. For Emilia, it did not matter what time or situation it was she always believed that education was important.

Even if she knew that schools would be shut down soon enough she believed that whatever was going to be taught during this time was also important so she did not stop little Qin from going to school. As for during the apocalypse, Emilia planned to buy lots of books and textbooks for all the years of schooling that Qin Lu would miss and teach him herself.

Even though there were a lot of things Emilia couldn't be proud of, her intelligence and school results were something that she would forever be around. At times she even thought that Qin Lu's intelligence was inherited from her. And as a school tyrant herself she believed she could still teach him, and with Qin Lu's intelligence, it wouldn't be hard for him to understand.

While in her thoughts, Emilia spotted Qin Lu exiting the school building
She exited the car and waved at him.

From the moment he left the school building, Qin Lu had already spotted his mom's car even before she had come down to greet him. After saying goodbye to Blake and a few of his friends, (though to him they were just guys who liked to stick around him because of Blake) , he headed towards his mom.

"Mom!" Greeted Qin Lu
"Hey, baby how was school today?"
"It was ok. Same as usual." Qin Lu had already given up on making his mom stop calling him 'baby'. He realized his efforts where in vain so he stopped caring about it.

Once he was inside the car he spotted the multiple shopping bags in the backseat of the car ."Mom, did you go shopping today? " He asked incredulously. His mom wasn't a shopper so seeing all those bags was clearly surprising. "What did you buy ?"

"Eh, ?" That's when Emilia remembered that she still had some bags in the car. "Yeah, I figured since I was at home I could just go ahead and buy clothes now so that I don't have to stress when winter comes. You know how busy shops become during winter." Emilia sheepishly replied.

" Oh.." Qin Lu quirked his brow, not really believing her. Now Qin Lu was more convinced that something was up with his mom.

"What ohh.. am I not allowed to go shopping" Emilia replied exasperated.

Qin Lu smoothly replied, "I don't believe I said that, I was just asking is all."
"Ah.. that.. umm. You and your smart mouth." Emilia speechlessly answered back.  "Whatever so what do you want for dinner today? Because I'm in a good mood, you can pick whatever you want and I will definitely satisfy you." Emilia cheerfully states after getting over losing to a six-year-old with wordplay.

"I can choose anything?" Asked Qin Lu

"Yep pick whatever you want!"

"Oh I want sweet and sour pork ribs, roast chicken and rice"

"Ok, then that's what we will have!" Emilia immediately replied.
Honestly, Emilia planned on making more dishes. When she said she was in a good mood she meant it. This was going to be her first meal with her son since she was reborn earlier this morning, so of course she had to make it special.

"First we have to stop by the supermarket to get all the ingredients since we do not have them all at home ."

"Ok" replied Qin Lu. While driving towards the supermarket Emilia turned on the radio and began listening to all the latest songs being played. She even sang along to all the ones she remembered.

The ride from school to the supermarket and then home was super cheerful with even Qin Lu getting caught up in the moment and joining his mom in her antics. She told jokes and stories while they moved along to the music. Once home the dinner was quickly prepared and the two family members who hasn't seen each other in a long time, ( Qin Lu hasn't seen his mom since the morning but Emilia hadn't seen or spent time with her son in almost 4 years since he died), ate joyfully.

The feeling of warmth was fully present in the house at that moment. It was a feeling that Emilia hadn't felt in a while. Feeling it now completely strengthened Emilia's resolve to make it last forever. She swore to not let anything happen to Qin Lu again and to keep her family and home safe. Forever!

She was going to do things right this time around.

Ending their first meal together, Emilia and Qin Lu went to sleep with smiles on their faces.