42. Setting Off

"Lin Zhou do you have all the information recorded down?" Ling Xiao asked as he and Zhou headed to the team hall to meet with the other members. The briefing had taken two and a half hours in the end, an hour longer than Ling Xiao had anticipated.

"Yes I do, all we need to do is arrange with the others and we can immediately set off" he replied

"Good" Ling Xiao responded before going silent.

Lin zhou on the other hand kept shooting glances at Ling Xiao wanting to say something but kept swallowing the words once they reached his tongue.

After a minute of just going back and forth, Ling Xiao finally opened his mouth. "Just say what you want to say or I'll start thinking you have a crush on me with all those glances you keep giving me."

"What, cough cough the hell, don't say stuff like that you're giving goosebumps!" Lin Zhou cringed, his skin crawling just at the thought of it.

"Haha", Ling Xiao lightly chuckled "So what do you wanna ask? Just spit it out already"

"Did something happen between you and Major Han? You usually ignore him whenever he acts smart."

"Nothing happened, I just felt that that punk needed to be put back in his place lest he forgot he got here through connections and start thinking he was in charge. If his leash ain't tightened who knows what sort of trouble he might cause?" Ling Xiao responded.

"Oh, I see," Lin Zhou said dropping the topic, even though Ling Xiao had said all that, Lin Zhou could tell that there was something left unsaid just based on their relationship over the years, but since Ling Xiao didn't want to speak about it, he wouldn't force it.

After walking down the stairs and making a few turns the two finally arrived outside the team hall. Even from outside the two could already hear the ruckus going on inside. One could just imagine how noisy it was on the inside.

Luckily the team hall was kind of secluded for secret security so Ling Xiao didn't have to worry about someone laying down a complaint, but that of course didn't mean he wasn't going to complain himself.

With just a glimpse of Ling Xiao's quickly darkening face, Lin Zhou knew that those guys were in for it. To reduce their punishment by a bit he quickly moved forward to open the door so that those brats would quickly stop their nonsense if they saw them at the door, and just as he expected, with the sound of the door opening everything went silent. The music was cut off, the tv turned off and the only thing they could see once the door was fully opened were three soldiers all sitting up straight facing a black tv screen.

The moment Ling Xiao and Lin Zhou were visible to the three, they immediately stood up to give a salute from where they sat.

"Captain!" Three voices shouted in unison.

"mhm," Ling Xiao hummed after shooting them a look. Ling Xiao didn't wanna bother exposing them and their poor acting so he just walked in and headed to the table while Lin Zhou moved towards the podium.

The other three quickly sat down immediately after Ling Xiao had sat, their backs as straight as pine trees.

The black butterfly team consisted of five members.

The captain-Ling Xiao

Vice-captain and tech specialist Lin Zhou (Hawk)

Weapons and bomb specialist Su Chen (Blue Beaver)

Mechanic-Xiao Yuchen (Black Bear)

Terrain and map specialist Qin Yu (White Eagle)

To be admitted into this team, not only did your strength and personal skills need to be top-notch, but they also needed to be top-notch at a special skill. Even though these three tended to be quite childish and brash, no one in the military could deny their achievements. Everyone on this team was at the top of their game. It was because of their all-roundedness that their team's success rate was always so high.