14 Never leave you

"Your family?" Qin Lu looked up at his mom puzzled. "I thought you were an orphan?" Qin Lu was genuinely surprised. In all his life, both in the previous and this life, his mom never mentioned having any family. As for him, though, he was curious why he thought that his mom was either an orphan or that she was kicked out of the house .

Qin Lu wasn't naïve enough not to understand how this world worked and how single moms, especially those who had kids in wedlock we're treated. Worse if they were as young as his mom. He never mentioned it because he was afraid that he would reopen his mom's old wound and also...he didn't want for his mom to have any reason to resent him. He was afraid that after mentioning it, she would be reminded that the reason that she was on her own was because of him.

The young boy throughout his whole life had only known his mother, and he did not want to lose his only reliance. His only family. Losing her would destroy him. Growing up in a single parent household, Qin Lu was actually very insecure deep down, even though he never showed it. He knew that he was different from other kids. Not only did he not have a father, but he also did not have grandparents and other family. He only knew his mom. Though the issue of his dad had been settled, he still was curious about his other family. His  coldness was only an act to protect himself in case he was hurt one day.

"What? No, I'm not an orphan. I have both parents and an older brother. " Emilia replied quickly. Honestly, she wasn't really surprised he thought that after all, she had never mentioned her family to him all his life. Their family was basically made up of the two of them.

"Then how come I've never met them before, and why have they never visited."  He continued in a smaller voice as he tightly gripped his hands. "Is it because they don't like me?"

"No way they will love you!"she confidently exclaimed." I know they will. There is no one who doesn't love my baby Qin, " she said as she pulled him so that he was sitting in her arms

"..They will??" Now Qin Lu was confused. From his mom's tone, it sounded like his grandparents did not even know about him. But if that were the case, then why is mom all alone and not with them. Why are they not talking then?

"Um, it's actually a little complicated. You see, when I was eighteen, my boyfriend and I had a little disagreement during the time you were conceived, and I came here to city A to relax my mind and all." She crossed her fingers as she liked at this part. She honestly did not want to tell Qin Lu that he was the result of a drunken one night stand, so she had to lie. A little white lie here won't hurt anybody. As for Ling Xiao... I'll just explain this to him when I meet him.  And while I was here, I discovered that

"I was pregnant with you. I guess at that time, I was confused and did not know what to do. I wanted to return home, but I was also afraid of what my family would think. Plus I later decided that I wanted to keep you and I was afraid that your grandparents would not agree so I... I stayed and never went back." She trailed off

Emilia continued, "Since then, I had just been talking to my family over phone calls as much as I could because I didn't want my family to be too worried, but I just didn't go back."

Qin Lu was still trying to process all that he had heard when his mom continued talking.

"But I realize now that my actions were wrong and that all I was doing was just hurting them, so I decided to make things right . I invited my family here to come have dinner with us tomorrow, and I plan to introduce them to you as well. That way, we can all be reunited, and little Qin can have a full family experience just like I had growing up. And don't you worry, they are going to adore you. "

So it's not because they don't like me that you don't talk. Qin Lu finally managed to squeeze out. The boy couldn't explain just how he was feeling at that very moment. Knowing that his family did not despise him and that his mom was not kicked out because of him, a sense of relief and happiness spread throughout him.

"I have grandparents too," he said more to himself than to his mom. The feeling was just too surreal .

"Of course you do, silly everyone does. Not only do you have grandparents, but you also have an uncle who I'm sure will love you to bits. Your grandparents, too, of course!"

After the initial excitement, fear washed over him. "Bu.. but what if they don't like me and they want you to get rid of me." He croaked out as the fear of being abandoned washed over him. That fear of his being deserted started to appear again. Qin Lu felt as if he was about to lose his mind over this.

"Don't be silly. My parents are the best and they will definitely like you. They have always wanted grandkids, so why wouldn't they like you. Look, don't stress yourself over this, ok? And worst comes to worst you would still have me won't you." Emilia responded. She didn't know why, but she felt that Qin Lu's state of mind did not seem right at that point and wanted to reassure him.

"You will never leave me?" Qin Lu asked in a small voice, seeking reassurance.

"Never!" She replied firmly.

Qi Lu felt at ease with that statement. He did not know why, but even though he knew that his mom had probably just said that to abate him, he strangely was still satisfied. He honestly didn't care if she said it half-heartedly as long as he could remain by her side always.

Now come on, it's time for bed. Emilia said to the little boy

Only then did Qin Lu remember that his mom just came back from a business trip that evening, and she was probably tired.

"Okay, goodnight, Mom. Love you, " he said, getting up.

"Night night, mom loves you too," she said, kissing his forehead before watching him go off.

After seeing him off to bed, Emilia got up, took a shower, and went off to bed herself.

'Tomorrow's gonna be hectic.' She thought to herself. 'I just hope big brother is still as loving and forgiving as I remember.' She sighed before she drifted off to sleep.