22. Blue flower

It's so dark and empty.

"Really creepy. I feel like I have been walking forever and yet there is still no sign of the exit. Where am I." Emilia wondered as she continued to wander in the empty darkness.

She had been walking for so long yet she still could not see the end of it . Emilia continued to walk forward trying to find an exit somewhere. That was all she could do because she couldn't think of anything else in this endless darkness. Strangely enough Emilia didn't realize that all that was in her mind was to continue walking, nothing else.

She wasn't even curious enough to find out how she had gotten here or where her family was and if they knew that she had disappeared. All that was in her mind was to continue walking. That was all her mind could process.

Emilia continued walking for what felt like hours and yet she still was not tired . After walking for quite some time Emilia finally saw a light. It was small but it was there.

Finally seeing a way out of the darkness Emilia began sprinting towards the light and as she got closer the light got brighter and bigger. So big that it covered the entire expanse in front of her when she finally reached it.

Emilia slowed down once she was in front of the wall of light. She slowly reached her hand out and touched the light, feeling the warm it brought Emilia's body relaxed on its own. She slowed moved forward and slowly her entire body was engulfed by the light.

After what felt like a minute Emilia heard some sounds of leaves rustling and birds chirping. Opening her eyes once she had exited the light , Emilia was horrified when she gazed upon the familiar site of the lake.

Quickly standing up Emilia turned around on the spot and observed her surroundings. Everything she saw horrified her , the same beautiful variety of trees, same mountain range, same land expanse and worst of all that very same lake. Emilia wanted nothing else but to leave this place but before she could even do anything her body began moving towards the lake on its own.

Emilia was mortified as she realized that she couldn't control her own body and all she could do was watch helplessly as her body walked straight into the beautiful lake water. Emilia desperately struggled to gain control but it was all in vain, she couldn't even make a sound as she was engulfed by the water.

"Nooo!" Emilia screamed as she sat up on the bed clutching her chest as she gasped for air." Hah hah hah" Emilia continued taking deep breaths trying to calm herself.

"Emilia! ,Lia are you ok? What's wrong?" Ling Xiao's anxious voice sounded by her ear.

"Emilia are you ok?" Ling Xiao asked as he lightly patted her back trying to calm her down. After recollecting herself Emilia looked up at her alarmed husband and smiled at him to reassure him.

" Don't worry I just had a nightmare that's all ." Ling Xiao looked at Emilia for a few seconds and after confirming that she was ok Ling Xiao relaxed and pulled her into his arms.

"That's good " Ling Xiao said more to himself than to her. "Just remember that I'm always here beside you so you don't need to fear anything. Even a dream. You just need to think about it and I'm sure I'll appear in your dream to save you. Your husband is very powerful don't you know. Ling Xiao said seriously as he kissed her hair. He said this to her to make sure that she knew she could rely on him and share all her troubles with him. He was afraid that something was bothering her since dreams were the manifestation of your thoughts, and since she had a nightmare then he can only think the worst. Hopefully he was just over thinking.

"Mhm" Emilia hummed as she snuggled into Ling Xiao's arms . "My husband is very powerful indeed." She said relaxing into him, forgetting the very reason she was frazzled. Something about him just made her feel safe and warm and she liked it very much.