46. Takeoff

"Captian, your back, "Su Chen said as he noticed the central door opening.

"mhm," Ling Xiao hummed

"Did something urgent come up?" Lin Zhou asked." You seemed to be in a hurry when you left?"

"Nothing serious, I just met up with Emilia for a bit." he replied.

"Sister-in-law?" Qin Yu asked, looking up from his book.

"Yes, I had asked her to drive the jeep over. Since the mission has been compromised and we are being hunted down, we can't continue using the exact car we left the base with. After all, all military vehicles have tracking chips in them." Ling Xiao explained as he came to sit on a chair next to Lin Zhou.

"Right, why didn't I think of that Xiao Yuchen said, slapping his thigh.

"If you really could think of that, we would be more surprised Qin Yu snickered

"Hey, what do you mean by that?" Xiao Yuchen stood up as he shouted

"I mean..., honesty, what do you think I meant." Qin Yu said, not once moving his eyes away from the book he was reading.

" Why, you brat!"

Ling Xiao just ignored those two, completely used to their usual banters. Of course, he was lying when he said he met up with Emilia to get the car keys. He had already had someone else bring the car here two days ago, and he collected the keys earlier during the day on his way to the base. It was just an excuse he was using since he couldn't exactly tell them about the space. Not yet anyway. He instead turned towards Lin Zhou. "Have you found a route yet?"

" Yes, I found something. It's one of the usually bypassed routes out of the city, so no one will think to check that path first. We'll be able to reach the highway with no accidents. Especially since they are expecting us to head to the heliport." Lin Zhou said as he showed Ling Xiao the route he had found.

"Good then, let's prepare to leave." He said, getting up.

"Already?" Xiao Yuchen asked, startled, ignoring Qin Yu and looking over to him.

"Yes, we've disappeared from their sites for too long. I'm sure they have already noticed something is wrong, since we haven't reached the ambush by now, so we need to leave before they find us again. Now that we have the route and vehicle, let's pack up the move. The earlier we leave the city, the better." Ling Xiao explained as he grabbed his bag and headed towards the door.

"Yes!" the four responded.

Everyone quickly got up and began repacking the equipment that was offloaded earlier. Once they had everything, they all headed downstairs. Lin Zhou first dropped off the room key at the counter before they headed for the garage. And just as Ling Xiao had said, Parked not too far from the car they came in was a black jeep.

"Alright, let's load up and get out of here, "Ling Xiao said, throwing the key over to Su Chen.
Everyone quickly moved their bags into the new car as well as transferred whatever was left in the old car. Once they were done, they buckled up and drove away.

As the car exited the parking, Lin Zhou took another look at the spot where the jeep was parked. He looked at the red car that was parked next to it. Lin Zhou was quite sure that he had seen the jeep parked next to the red car when they first arrived. He might have doubted himself a minute ago, but now he was sure. If there was anything he never doubted, it was his photographic memory. And if the jeep was there when they got here, then what exactly did Ling Xiao do when he was away?

.....................................

"Deputy, there's a problem the Black Butterfly team has disappeared!" A man said as he hurried into the office.