27 Moving 2

"We're moving to S City!?"Ling Xiao asked her.

"Mhm" she hummed lowly as she looked at him for his reaction no longer as excited as before.

"Wow" Ling Xiao said as he exchanged looks with Ling Qin again.

"It's not going to be a problem right?" Emilia asked carefully. She knew that since he was now her husband that she should not make these Kind of decisions on her own but she wasn't able to afford a compromise on this matter though.

Even if he was to get mad at her now he should understand why she did it later on when the apocalypse started. At least she hoped he would.

As for now she would need to think of a way to placate him.

Ling Xiao just looked at her waiting for her to continue

"If we move over to s city it would be a great chance for all of us to develop. In S city not only will Ling Qin get access to some of the best education resources available in the country but you would also be closer to the base and won't have to drive for long distances every time you need to return. It would make it easier for you to react when there is an emergency. Plus Grandpa is in S city too right so us moving there would make it easier to visit and taking care of him. See everyone is able to benefit from this move not only myself. It a win-win situation for us all is it not." Emilia quickly said trying to convince Ling Xiao,though looking at his silent reaction Emilia's hope began to dwindle and her voice softening .

She just hoped it was good enough to convince him. "Plus.. Plus I'm not trying to override you here it's just that I've been preparing for this move for eight months now.Way before we met.Even the house has been prepared. I just didn't tell you anything because I wasn't sure whether the transfer would be approved or not that's all."Emilia pouted aggrieved.

"Ok ok I'm not mad"Ling Xiao sighed and said quickly when he saw she was misunderstanding him.

He wasn't against them moving at all since that was what Ling Qin and him had been discussing earlier. This transfer could be regarded as a pie falling from the sky. Now he didn't need to lie to her to get her to move to S City with him and abandon everything she has worked hard to build in the last six years.

This transfer solved all the problems. Timely rain indeed. At least it wasn't a transfer to somewhere else or that would really be a problem.

"Really?!" Emilia perked up and looked at him with stars in her eyes.

"Yes really" he said indulgently "moving to S City really is convenient."

"Great" Emilia was immediately rejuvenated and she clapped her hands"
' Great everything worked out.' She thought to herself.

Right as she was about to start eating she looked up and met Ling Qin's burning gaze. That's when she realised that she hadn't gotten Ling Qin's opinion yet. Silently putting down her utensils Emilia looked straight at him and asked him carefully.

"Little Qin do you want to move to S City or would you like to stay."
Ling Qin was already mad with joy earlier when he heard that they were moving to S City. He was happy that things worked out without him having to do anything at all. He didn't even care that the two of them just settled and discussed everything without asking him but the fact that his mom still asked him even though she didn't need to made him even more happy and satisfied.

It showed that his mom didn't treat him like a three year old anymore and actually asked him for what he wanted.

"I don't mind" Ling Qin replied "I don't have a problem with moving"

"Really but what about your friends? Aren't you unhappy that you won't see them again." Emilia asked him

'Why would he be sad. He already didn't see most of them for close to six years so he didn't really care much about them. The only one that he cared about , Blake would be heading to the capital this weekend to visit his Grandparents and would stay there for a week. Once the lockdown started Blake was already in a safe place since his his grandparents lived in a military compound so when all hell broke loose he was in a relatively safe place ensuring his survival. As a matter of fact Ling Qin had met Blake again four years after the apocalypse when he went to the capital base with his father and he seemed to be doing well.