21 Speaking out

Later that evening after dinner Ling Qin headed to his father's study to talk to him.
After his parents got married his father moved in with them. Probably because it was more convenient seeing how the house was close to both his school and his mom's  work place . As for his dad , S City was a two hour drive from A City or he could take a plane there when he was needed which would make it half an hour . From his deduction his dad did not seem to be an ordinary soldier. It seemed like he did not need to go to work unless he had training or some mission . Other than that he was on break. I guess that's why he did not care much about location of the house since he did not have to travel to and from work on a daily basis.

Knock knock knock

"Come in!" came Ling Xiao right after the knocking. Taking in a breath Ling Qin opened the door before he went in. "Hey bud, can I help you with something." Ling Xiao asked little Qin when he saw him by the door. "Mhm" Ling Qin nodded his head. After that silence followed as Ling Xiao waited for Ling Qin to speak. Seeing as Ling Qin was not speaking Ling Xiao got up and moved towards the sofa from his desk.
"Come on sit here" Ling Xiao said pointing towards the couch across himself. "You can tell me whatever is on your mind and whatever is bothering you. Dad will listen to everything you have to say ok." Ling Xiao continued to try and gently coax Ling Qin to open up with him.  During this time though he had been getting along very well with little Qin he always felt that there was still some distance between them, like a wall stuck in between their relationship and he wanted to resolve that . If resolving that wall could be done by listening to the kid, then he was all ears. Not only would he listen but he would also try to solve it to the best of his ability.

After Ling Qin sat down he took a breath and mentally gave himself a pat on the back for encouragement before he began "Dad I'm about to tell you something very important but before that you have to promise me to listen to me fully and objectively. Don't just shut down what I'm about to say. You...promise me that you will believe me. It's very important that you do." As Ling Xiao listened to Ling Qin speak so much like an adult he couldn't help but smile mentally. He would have done it physically but he was afraid that Ling Qin would regard that as him taking his words as a joke and that would discourage the boy. It might even increase the distance between them and he couldn't have that." Ok I promise you that I will listen to everything you have to say objectively and seriously and will not take your words as a joke."

Once he heard his father promise him, Ling Qin was finally reassured.
Breathing in he began "  I know this will sound crazy but this is the truth. The world is going to come to an end in three weeks time and the apocalypse will start just a week after." After spitting those words out and seeing that his dad hadn't said anything Ling Qin began to panic as he thought that his dad didn't believe him " I swear that I'm telling the truth. There's going to be an alien attack in three weeks time and then after that the whole world will be covered in smog and then people are gonna get get sick and die and others will just get high fevers. Everyone will collapse on April 15 at midnight and once people wake up most of them will become zombies while others remain ordinary and others get powers."

At this moment Ling Xiao was in shock. He was able to understand every word that left his son's mouth but how was it that he wasn't able to understand it once it was all put together.
"You... How do you know all this? Ling Xiao finally asked
"I..I" Ling Qin hesitated for a bit before he finally decided to get it all out and lay the truth bare before his dad " I'm reborn"
"What"
"I know it's crazy but it's the truth. Look I can prove it to you." Right after Ling Qin had said that he placed his hand on the coffee table between them and took it into the space before he brought it out a few seconds later. All this done while looking nervously at his dad wanting to gouge his reaction.

"Your reborn..?" Ling Xiao said more to himself than Ling Qin but the boy did not realize that in his highly tense state.

Ling Qin nodded his head. Seeing that his father was not over reacting or treating him like some monster but instead seemed to have accepted it Ling Qin finally relaxed before he spoke about his past.