9."Mom"

Six months have passed since Emilia and Qin Lu have been reborn. During this few months, the two had been busy gathering resources and supplies secretly . Both are trying to keep it from the other for the time being.

Qin Lu had amassed a large number of supplies with the money he got off from investment and hacking. When he realized that the course of the world was just the same as his previous life, he had used his memory to invest wisely and got enough money to buy materials.

He has gotten all sorts of supplies. From rice, flour, salt, soy, eggs, noodles, biscuits, snacks, blankets, tissue, toiletries, seeds, clothing of all sorts as well as some simple weapons such as metal rods, nails , bats and knifes. Since he didn't have a space, all the materials had been kept in a warehouse he had hired until he found a place to keep them.

He knew that this house wasn't safe for them to stay in, but getting his mom to move with him somewhere else without raising her suspicion and not making her think his crazy was not any easy task. For all he knew, if he told his mom about the apocalypse and the fact that he was reborn, she would probably just shrug it off as him having read too much fiction. I mean, who would believe a six year old on that sort of stuff.

"Haaa, being a kid real has a lot of disadvantages," Qin Lu sighed as he stared at the computer screen where he was watching all sorts of videos on farming.

He had also bought a Hummer and an SUV that he had sent to be modified with the rest of his money.

......

"Miss Lu, what do you think of the final outcome.?" asked the contractor.

"Perfect!" Emilia responded as she looked around at her new house.

Five months ago, when the new villas in the outskirts of City S had become available, Emilia had almost immediately bought one. She didn't buy one of the ones deeper into the area as she knew that that was where most of the leaders would stay and she didn't want to cause and draw too much  attention to herself. The villa she had bought was done with two floors : a kitchen, dining room, lounge and two rooms on the first floor and then a study gym and three extra rooms on the second floor. The house had a pool in the backyard as well as a large space for gardening.

Emilia was very satisfied with the house, for it provided her with space for storage and security.

Though it seemed perfect, Emilia didn't believe it was enough, so not long after buying the house, Emilia had immediately begun reinforcing it. She had gotten a contractor to put in anti-theft windows, ( type were you can't see inside from outside and doesn't shatter easily), and doors( opens with password or fingerprint) throughout the house as well as to make the fencing around the house sturdier and the walls more solid and sound proof.

She had them put in an electric fence just to be sure. And since she knew that electricity would go out soon enough, solar panels had been laid out on some windows and on the roof. Since she didn't want too much attention, she had the men install another layer on the roof that covered the panels to hide them but still allowed sunlight in. The spacing in the basement had been bothering her, so she had them expand it a bit more so she could have more space for her supplies. She had also had them turn one of the rooms on the second floor into a greenhouse. Lots of different plants had been planted there already and had begun to sprout. Her planting there had also allowed her to realize that she actually had a green hand*.

All this had taken a full half a year, and after looking at this fortress that looked like a normal modern house, Emilia was more than satisfied and happy. How could she not be happy? This was going to be her home for who knows how many years to come .

After paying and sending the team, Emilia walked around the house one more time before sitting down on the new couch happily.

Ring! Ring!