CHAPTER 23 - 24

Chapter 23 – A yellow puppy adores me (3)

TL: Zimming

Editor: bodyinthefreezer

His crimson eyes shook fiercely. It wasn't uncommon for little kids to hate being called a child.

"My little husband. Go to sleep."

"I'm not a kid!"

Blake was even more enraged although I corrected it for him in consideration.

However, it was common for a kid to hate being called a child or a baby. I had a rough idea of what he wanted to hear, but I thought I shouldn't spoil him too much.

"You're a kid."

"Huh..."

Blake widened his eyes wide as though he was surprised.

Was this really that much of a surprise?

***

It must have really been a surprise.

Blake had been sighing ever since. Now he was standing still under the largest tree in the Palace.

The beautiful tree had Blake's, Diana's, and my height marked on it. We measured it last year and early this year. I was the tallest, followed by Diana and Blake.

"Your Highness, please eat first."

"I don't have an appetite..."

He said morosely.

"Why? Do you feel sick?"

"I won't grow tall even if I eat it..."

"You'll be taller when you eat."

"I'm not taller than you, even though I eat a lot..."

"It's okay. You're just growing up late."

There was no specific portrayal of Blake being short in the original story. Richard was about 185cm, and the author said Blake was a little shorter than him, so he'd be over 170cm later.

"I cooked today. Aren't you going to eat it?"

"Ancia made it?"

Blake's eyes glistened. I liked cooking, and it was nice to see Blake enjoying my food.

"Yes, please have a taste!"

"Yes!"

He ran straight to the dining room.

"Come on, try it."

"Huh, what is this?"

Blake halted when he saw the soup in front of him.

"It's bean sprout soup."

Blake usually ate everything I made, but now he hesitated and stared at the bean sprout soup.

"This is like a 'Macul'...."

'Macul' was a one-eyed demon that lived in the Valley of Chaos.

Tenstheon brought the bean sprout from the 'Chang' Empire in the East, planted it in the field, and I harvested it a while ago. I didn't notice at all before but listening to Blake's words. I realized that it did indeed look similar to that 'Macul.'

But if he was saying so, that meant he wouldn't eat it.

"What do you mean like a 'Macul'? This is made from the beans we harvested."

"Beans?"

"Yes. The beans are this long. If you eat this, you'll grow tall like a bean sprout."

"Really?"