CHAPTER 51 - 52

Chapter 51

TL:Zimming

Blake's curse has stayed the same for three years.

If I found out why, maybe I can lift that curse.

"How can I make the layer thicker?"

"Why are you asking me that? You made it yourself."

"I made it? What does that mean?"

You mean I made a layer of light, and it didn't spread the curse?

"If you want to know more, persuade my brother."

Baekhan suddenly turned away, spitting coldly. I caught him going out in a hurry.

"Wait!"

"What is it?"

"Can you please let me know?"

I asked earnestly. There is not much time left now.

I thought he opened his heart to Blake. Seeing Baekhan who likes Blake, I thought that he might tell me about the curse. But Baekhan was as cold as he was at the beginning.

"Did you forget the deal?"

"Eunhan will never do so. You know that."

"It's your job to persuade him."

"You know how nice Blake is. He had a hard time because of the curse. All his life, he's been accused by people without fail, and he never had a day without pain. He suffered from the pain of a curse digging into his flesh. And there's nothing I can do about it. But you're different. Please let me know. I'll do whatever I can."

I begged him with my knees on the floor.

"You'll do anything?"

"Yes."

"Then will you even die on his behalf?"

"Yes."

I answered without a moment of hesitation. It was pure sincerity.

The moment I heard Baekhan's question, I thought I could give my life for Blake.

Since when did I love him this much? I was surprised at the sincerity for him that I didn't even know.

"Take my eyes or life or whatever, and release Blake's curse."

But Baekhan shook off my hands.

"... all I want is my brother. I don't have much time left. I'll save Blake, so hurry."

***

"Why on earth was someone like you born!"

Lord Meng, Baekhan's mother was always drunk.

She gave birth to a child after receiving the emperor's favor, but she didn't get the concubine title and stayed at an old and shabby pavilion in the corner of the palace.

Lord Meng often hit Baekhan, whether she was drunk or not, she commited violence.

But no one cared about him. The emperor has more than a hundred children. He's not a child of a formal concubine and has not been chosen as a dragon. Such a child was worthless there.

When there was no one to stop her, Lord Meng became more violent.

At that time, Eunhan, who was living in a pavilion nearby, saved Baekhan. After that day, Baekhan often fled and went to Eunhan's place to avoid his mother.

Eunhan's mother was a commoner and she was often weak and ill. Even though they have difficult circumstances, it didn't stop them from helping Baekhan.