CHAPTER 39 - 40

Chapter 39 – What does the cat like? (7)

TL: Zimming

Editor: bodyinthefreezer

"You're saying silly things again."

"What do you mean? Father's face is a national treasure, so it had to be treated preciously. Don't you think so too, Eunhan?"

"Oh, of course! Your Majesty is the most handsome man in the country."

"Hmm."

When Eunhan joined me in complimenting him, Tenstheon coughed in embarrassment.

He was still not immune to praise even though he had heard it so many already.

This side of him was very similar to Blake.

"That's enough nonsense."

"Yes. Father. I'll be leaving now."

"Don't come back too late."

"Don't worry."

I grinned and looked at Eunhan.

"Let's go now."

"Yes."

After humbly answering with me, he stared at me for a while in hesitation. Then, he added, "...I'm afraid Your Highness will have to hold my hand to use the teleportation magic."

The moment I heard him, I burst out laughing. Perhaps it was because he was from the conservative Chang country, but he was embarassed to hold hands with the opposite sex.

They were all characters from an R-19 romance novel, so why were they so pure?

"Okay, Eunhan, can you escort me to the Palace?"

"Yes, I will obey your orders."

Eunhan approached me and reached out his hand carefully. I held his hand in return.

"Please close your eyes and relax your body."

I closed my eyes as he instructed. Then a warm feeling wrapped around my whole body.

***

"Please open your eyes, Your Highness."

I opened my eyes when he told me to. The warm feeling disappeared, and was replaced by a strong wind instead.

"...Is this the Tenlarn Palace?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

I toured the desolate Imperial Palace that was full of sand and dust. I couldn't see any of the splendor of Tenlarn Palace, which was once overflowing with luxury and enjoyment.

"...It's so desolate."

It was as if time had stopped here. More than a thousand years had passed since the Tenlarn Palace was set on fire, but the castle's ashes were still scattered all over the floor.

Some parts of the castle still remained intact. However, even though it had endured the huge fire, it would be hard to withstand the test of time after a thousand years.

"For some reason, I feel empty."

Eunhan wordlessly handed me a handkerchief. I looked at him because I didn't know what to say.

"You looked like you were going to cry,..."

"I'm not going to cry. I just felt a little sad."

The continent was the heart of the Zelcan Empire, but it was destroyed.