CHAPTER 33 - 34

Chapter 33 – What does the cat like? (1)

TL: Zimming

Editor: bodyinthefreezer

"What?! None of this would've happened if you didn't go!"

Frank shouted shamelessly. The Duke of Cassil nodded and joined his son.

"Frank is right. Richard, I took you in as a child because I judged that you had the ability to assist Frank. Your poor performance has caused severe damage to our finances, and you're still blaming Frank?"

"I'm sorry. I made a slip of the tongue."

Richard bowed his head. Despite his apology, the Duke and Frank kept making even ruder comments.

Richard was back in hell.

After he met Ancia, he had caught a glimpse of the light for a moment and the darkness had disappeared.

"Sir Cassil, you're a talented person. If you use your abilities in the right place, you'll receive many glorious blessings."

She said so. But would a bright day come even if he lived a good life? His mother was really nice, but she still got trampled on. She was trampled and abandoned, mocked even after her death.

Richard was born with the blood of the Roums that were abandoned by the Goddess of Light. He was born in the darkness and had never seen the light.

If a person who had nothing tried to be nice, they would only be exploited.

If he didn't want to be used, he could only climb higher. He had to be in a position where he could trample on everyone. The position of the Emperor that the Duke and Frank wanted so much will be his.

Richard erased Ancia's words from his head. In the abyss of his heart, even the little light faded and turned into darkness, while his deep desire stirred up.

'The Emperor' and 'Ancia'.

He wanted Ancia. Richard had seen the light for the first time since his mother's death.

He wanted Ancia to stay next to him for a long time.

He wanted to have her like he'd want an expensive jewel, but Richard was also shaken by a feeling other than possessiveness today. Ancia was like a ray of light for him who was wandering in the darkness.

She wanted him to address her as the 'Crown Princess'? He'd call her that anytime. He could take control of the Palace and then take her as his companion. Ancia would be his Crown Princess and his Empress.

***

Tenstheon did everything he could for me.

He gave me whatever I wanted, and if I wanted to study, he'd invite the best teacher in that field for me.

I studied hard and taught Blake too.

We were studying history in my room today.

"Your Highness, a thousand years ago, in the Zelcan Empire, only the nobility was allowed to be literate. The language of Zelcans itself was complicated and difficult, and the books of that time were all very expensive because they used expensive parchment."

"They burned all those books, didn't they?"

"That's right! When the Zelcan Empire collapsed and the Asteric Empire was established, the Roums started a Zelcan revival movement. The revival movement, led by Zelcan's Fifth Prince Rakshul, became more and more violent, and they even set fire to *Tenlarn Palace of Emperor Phillip..."