Chapter 39: Move on

This was her last day at WICKED. The stone cold walls would never echo the dragon roars for her. The days spent being hated and the transition to being loved by all, she was going to leave that all behind. The trainers, fellow dragon keepers, senior keepers everyone at WICKED would be deeply missed. The sumptuous meals in the dining hall, the deep wisdom the library had to offer, the talks in the dormitory, crazy nights in the balcony, funny pranks in the corridors, the training in the classrooms everything was going to be mere memories. WICKED, which shaped her life, which brought out her true potential, which revealed to her what she should really be pursuing, would indeed be missed. It was like a second home for each and everyone of the WICKEDians.

A smile appeared on Natalie's face and she looked away from the fire place. The beds were empty, room deserted. Perhaps the boys went down the dragon hide square to celebrate their last day together. She walked to her bed and pulled out the trunk from beneath. She carefully packed all her neatly folded clothes which lay on her bed and the farewell gifts she received from her friends, an apology card designed by Ezra (and Nathan she believed but he was too proud to admit it), a book on dragon psychology from Marshall, A group picture of all the WICKEDians together from Owen and Aiden, a rose from Joseph (Which made her roll her eyes), a tiny snow spitting model of the Snowblub from Boon and Jason (which she found intriguing) and finally a charm of Hebridean black from Charlie (which she found very thoughtful).

"Eh, Scott, Do you have a moment?"

She turned around to find Charlie standing near the fire place.

"Sure" She smiled, making her way towards him.

They both sat down on the floor, across from each other, watching the fire flicker.

"Someone is lost in thoughts" Natalie grinned, looking at Charlie "Ok so what are we doing? Staring into the fire and finding different patterns?" she tried to crack a joke and failed. Charlie had a serious expression on his face.

"I want to. No. I need to tell you something" Charlie finally broke his silence, looking into her eyes.

"And what would that be?" she asked

"I am sorry" he said without hesitation.

"For what?" she asked, confused.

"For being such an arse. I know how rude I was to you when we came here" he said with a tone of guilt in his voice.

"You don't need to apologize Weasley, it's long forgotten. And besides, it's just a phase you know. "

"No it isn't. I was a total jerk. WICKED was a dream come true for me and I wanted to be the best here. And you know the first time I saw you, I saw it in your eyes. The courage, the determination, the thirst to show the world your true capabilities. Instantly I knew you were a threat to me. Well, to my stupid dreams." he explained.

"That's natural. But it's all in the past isn't it? Why lament over things we can't change? And you know, what truly matters is that things are all good now. We are all best of friends" she tried to cheer him up.

"You know why I kept pulling fights with you?" He asked, this time hesitantly, without making eye contact.

"Because you were bored?" She shrugged, trying to suppress a grin.

"No. Because that's how I kept myself sane. There was something that kept on pulling me towards you. And I don't know what it was, but I wanted to fight that feeling. And the only way I could do that was argue with you, be hateful towards you. But overtime the pull became too strong that I wasn't able to hate you any longer. And .."

"Don't" Natalie cut him off before he could finish. "Please don't" she repeated, getting to her feet.

"But.." he started to protest, standing up as well.

"I have felt that pull too Charlie but I have no choice" she told him.

"I just didn't want to regret not telling you" he told her.

"And I didn't want you to regret telling me. So I am stopping you right here Charlie. Please don't say anything that would hurt the both of us equally. I cannot be tied down and with me around, your life wouldn't be any happier" she said.

"Don't say that Natalie. You know how much I have changed because of you. I have a different perception of the world now" he began.

"Please Charlie let's just stop talking about this" Natalie's eyes were heating up. "Whatever you are feeling, whatever you want to say, I cannot reciprocate any of it, so please don't put me in a difficult situation which doesn't even leave me with choices." she pleaded, looking away from him.

"Life always gives you choices, Natalie" he interrupted her.

"But if you have already made up your mind, choices are pointless" she pointed out.

"Natalie.."

"Sorry Weasley. I can't do this" she said. A tear droplet made it's way down her cheeks and she ran past the door, wiping her eyes with the hem of her shirt. For a few moments Charlie kept on staring at the doorway. He didn't know how he was still hopeful when his mind kept telling him there wasn't any left.

"I am sorry buddy" Aiden's voice distracted Charlie. "I know I wasn't supposed to hear that but I did" he confessed.

"It's okay" Charlie said, fixing his gaze on the floor. There was pain evident in his eyes.

"You know, with time everything will be fixed and you could easily move on" Aiden said, patting Charlie's back.

"That's the problem Aiden, I could never" said Charlie, taking a seat beside the fire place once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's why Children, Charlie Weasley remained single forever.

It's true love.

(I just wanted to make that sound dramatic)

Author's note - Shout out to my amazing readers who constantly supported and motivated me. Your comments truly kept me going. I am sorry but every story has to end and this is how this one ends. It started as a Charlie Weasley fan-fic but ended up as the story of Natlaie Scott.

And for those who bombarded the comment section saying it's sexist and hated on Charlie Weasley, (I know they wouldn't have made it this far but still I feel like I owe them an explanation) Sexism exists in our societies and that's what is reflected in this book too. I just wanted to prove the sexists wrong through Natalie Scott's Character. And for the development of the plot of this story, I needed Charlie Weasley to behave like a sexist too. And I trulyapologize if I have hurt the feelings of Charlie Weasley fans. It wasn't my intention at all.

And finally, for those who love this book and always let me know how much they love it (A big thank you to you all, I love you guys and it's you who kept me going) , if you ever feel like Natalie and Charlie's story needs a happy ending, please let me know. I will try to write an epilogue if the readers request for it.

(I don't even know if people read Author's note but it was worth a try)

Thank you!