Chapter 28. The Mountains

"First Marshall! And now Ethan backed out too????!!!!" Natalie cried " I thought Ethan would be joining us here at the mountains!" She frowned.

"I am sorry Nat. Don't be upset!" Aiden told her.

" And look! I am stuck with you three!!" She pressed her palms against her face.

"What's wrong with us three? We are the awesome trio. Now don't try and spoil our fun" Owen said.

"Move away, fat ass!!!" she scowled at Owen.

"Watch your mouth, Scott" he warned her, knitting his eyebrows and gritting his teeth.

"What are you gonna do if I don't?" she cocked an eyebrow.

"Stop behaving like children for Warlock's sake!"" Aiden stepped in between the two.

"Ugh!! Could this trip get more annoying?" she cried with frustration, thumping her fist on a nearby tree, injuring herself. "Ouch!" she yelped and pulled her hand back swiftly, shaking it violently.

"Don't hurt the tree" Charlie finally spoke.

Natalie's eyes were brimming with tears due to the pain as well as the building frustration.

"Now, don't be a cry baby" Charlie told her.

"I am not a cry baby!!" she screamed. Before she could scream again and break out into tears, Charlie put his arms round her shoulder.

"Ok, I was joking. you are not a cry baby. You are a brave and ingenious dragon keeper and that's why we need you for this trip. Aren't you going to help us find the tribe?"

"Did you seriously say all these nice things?" she blinked at him, in disbelief.

"What? do you want me to take them back?" He cocked an eyebrow, smirking.

"Naah it's ok. It's hard for it to dive in, you know. Given it's coming from your mouth."

"I am not some mean, heartless guy, if that's the impression you have got"

"Okay, now that all the fighting, crying and convincing has been done, let's get moving, shall we? " Aiden pleaded.

" Ooh someone's getting impatient" Nat smirked, wiping away her tears with her sleeve. Aiden rolled his eyes, fighting the urge to flash a wide grin.

After an hour of trekking on the Carpathian Mountains, everyone's stomach started to grumble.

"I am hungry" Owen's whining session had already started.

"Do me a favor and eat me" Natalie shot him an angry look.

"Eww. You are all sour and bitter. I don't want to lose my appetite" 

"Guys! Stop it!  ok? We will find something to eat. Owen, be a dear and stop complaining. We are all hungry. So just be patient, OK?"

"My stomach is growling! How can you ask me to be patient? You are a meanie. I hate you"

"No you love me too much to hate me" Aiden grinned, putting his hand around Owen's neck and pulling him closer.

"Okay love birds, keep walking if you are done with the bickering" Nat rolled her eyes.

They continued to walk deeper into the woods. The giant trees which branched into the skies, stopped the sunlight from touching the grounds. The place looked dark and secluded. 

"And why are you so silent Mr. Weasley?" Nat turned to Charlie.

"'Me?" Charlie looked at her in surprise.

"Yes, you, you weirdo"

"I thought you didn't like to hear me talk" he said.

"Well I kinda miss arguing with you" She shrugged.

"Oh I am touched" he mocked her.

"Well.." her words were cut off by a scream.

"OWEN NO!!" They whipped their head around, hearing Aiden scream. Owen was lying unconsciously on the ground, Aiden squatting beside him, trying to wake him up. A red fleshy fruit rolled out of his hand and rested at Charlie's foot.