Chapter 8. Ethan Walker

"pssst..pssst" Natalie pulled the duvet over her head and groaned as she tossed to her side. She felt someone pulling the sheets she was so comfortably covered in.

"Nat" someone whispered "Wake up!"

"Go away!" she whined in a croaky voice.

"The results will be announced in an hour" the voice said.

"What?" she pulled away the duvet which was covering her head, leaving her long jet black hair messy. Her face was half hidden under the thickness of her hair.

"Don't you look adorable?" Marshall teased her. He was standing at the foot of the bed, trying to pin the badge on this shirt.

"Shut up" she mumbled, grabbing her hair together into a bun and pulling the hood above her head as she climbed down the small ladder which led to her bed.

"It's 8 o clock already. Make haste lady" he said.

"Now please don't start with me Marshall. I am already in a bad mood" she said crossing her arms and scowled.

"And why is that?" he enquired.

"You know exactly why" she said, pinching his arm.

"Ouch! It really hurts!" he said, rubbing his arm where she had just left a small red bruise. He folded his sleeve up to take a better look at it and also to make her feel guilty about it.

"I want to stay" she said, her voice barely audible. Her eyes were brimming with tears. Marshall pulled her into a tight hug.

"You aren't going anywhere" he whispered. She wiped her cheeks with the hem of her sleeves and mustered a smile "You think so?" she asked, looking up at him.

"I know so" he said returning the smile.

"You go and have breakfast, I will join you in a while" she said and went to freshen up.

After ten minutes Natalie walked into the dining hall where everyone was seated with their respective group of friends. Surprisingly Marshall was seated near Boon and Jason. They were articulately talking, which Natalie assumed would probably be about dragons. "No it wasn't a bite, it was a scratch" Marshall was talking, as Natalie took a seat beside him. None of them acknowledged her presence as they were deeply immersed in the conversation.

"No man! Freddy O'brian was bitten by the Norwegian Ridgeback . And two weeks later he succumbed to death. I remember it distinctly" Jason argued.

Marshall chuckled "Dragons don't bite dude. Only Peruvian Vipertooths are the ones that are known to have a tendency to bite as their fangs are poisonous. But no other varieties of dragons ever bite. Although their nails do have some kind of property which can physically weaken a human being if it comes in contact with our blood. So I say it again. You can refer any book or ask anyone. I am cent percent sure that the reason for O'brian death was a scratch from the Norwegian Ridgeback" he said. Jason and Boon didn't have any counter argument. "Am I right Nat?" he asked, turning to face his friend.

"Yes, it's there in Keeper's guide to dragonology by Jolly Lilison and also McGrover's anatomy of dragons mentions it too. That book also stated that the condition could have been reversed with two drops of dragon blood combined with an ounce of wiggenweld potion"

Boon and Jason stared at the pair and mentally labelled them as nerds.

"Oh by the way, hello Natalie" Jason said extending his hand, which Natalie shook. Boon did the same "three months! but we have never spoken to each other" he said.