Chapter 21. Detention project

"Who on the holy WICKED Mountains would write such a foolish, absurd and trashy report!!!?" Mr. Chapman spat. His bubbly nature and everlasting cheerfulness were long lost in his angry invisible fumes erupting out of his ears.

Charlie and Aiden stifled a chuckle.  "Don't be mean," Natalie nudged Aiden on his ribs.

"Ouch! Now, that was mean!" he cried, making her roll her eyes.

"Why did they have to get into trouble now?" Marshall remarked, looking over at Nathan, Ezra, Jason and Boon who had their heads bent down.

"This is not at all acceptable. I did not expect you to stoop down to this level. Mr. Gilbert? I thought you had more sense than this," Chapman looked at Nathan who was avoiding making eye contact with the trainer.

"This is a prestigious institution and you should keep up with its standards"

"We are sorry, sir" Jason muttered in a feeble voice.

"Sorry? Sorry? That's all you have got? It has become such a fancy word now, hasn't it?" Chapman fumed.

Mr. Levitsky snatched the report from Chapman's hand and shuffled the pages violently. "I say, we put them to detention project" he stated, throwing the report on the floor making the parchments fly in all directions.

"Yes. Detention project it is" Chapman nodded in agreement.

"They will be spending an entire week with the most vicious dragon on the mountains" Levitsky declared. 

"More vicious than him?" Jason whispered to Boon who chuckled.

"You think it is funny, Mr. Millicent?" Chapman narrowed his eyes at the duo unaware of the remarks that Jason had just secretly made about Mr. Levitsky.

"You will spend every day and night in the mountains for an entire week" Levitsky's eyes stared the boys down.

"But Mr. Chapman, we have the holidays coming" It was Nathan. 

"No holidays for the four of you" Levitsky cut in before Chapman could speak.

"Mr. Levitsky?" Ezra began.

"No means no, Zachary, and that's final!" Levitsky shot a look at him and Ezra's gaze dropped to the floor.

"First, you nick four bottles of firewhisky from my office. Not one, but four bottles! And now this... what do I even call it? I am really disappointed boys. Really disappointed" Chapman shook his head with a sigh.

"We will submit another one by the end of the day" Nathan tried negotiating.

"No one is falling for any of your tricks anymore, Gilbert. You are put to detention project and that's final!"

"But the holidays sir! Our parents are also coming over." Jason spoke.

"Mr.Sheperd," Levitsky started to warn him but was interrupted by Chapman's fake coughs.

"If, and only if, you behave yourselves and complete your detention project successfully, you'll get to meet your family on Christmas, when they arrive here."

"Thank you, Mr.Chapman!" Ezra's eyes lit up.

"We won't tolerate even a silly mistake, I hope that's clear," Levitsky warned.

"Yes sir!" they chimed in unison.

"And Mr Haywood, Mr Greene, find yourself lucky that you just escaped the detention project. We maybe old, but certainly not enough to not recognize plagiarism. Don't repeat this" Chapman warned as he passed by them with Levitsky leading the way.

"And the best reports aren't even appreciated" Charlie scowled as soon as the trainers left the room.

"Now don't be selfish, Weasley. Sympathize with your friends every once in a while, if you can't empathize," Natalie said.

"I am not really in a mood to listen to a lecture on selfishness right now."

"And I am not in a mood to waste my words over deaf ears either" she spat back.

"Guys. Stop it! Why can't you two behave like normal people?" Marshall asked, stepping in between them both.

"Because she is not normal" Charlie shrugged.

"Oi! You're the abnormal one!" Natalie protested, pointing a finger at Charlie.

"Says the one who ran off from the asylum"

"I am not insane!"

"I can't help it if you are starting to question your own sanity"

"You!"

"Enough. Stop this right now okay?" Aiden said, pulling Charlie behind.

"Yeah, you better stop it Weasley" Natalie smirked.

"And you should stop it too Nat" Marshall said, tugging on her arms.

"He started it!" Natalie whined, turning to face her best friend.

"Be the more mature one then" Marshall suggested.

"Ha. She can't even spell maturity" Charlie said, with a smug look on his face.

"Nat, don't!" Marshall warned as she opened her mouth to strike back at Charlie.

"Fine!!!" She gritted her teeth and stormed out of the room.

The boys chuckled at her erratic behavior.

"She can be weird sometimes. But seriously Charlie, don't give her a hard time. Okay?"

"I am just messing with her. It's funny to see her get all irritated" Charlie chuckled.

"But don't hurt her, mate. She doesn't deserve it," Marshall spoke with a seriousness in his tone.

"I wouldn't dare" Charlie assured him.