Chapter 19. Drunk WICKEDians

The surroundings swirled around Natalie. She could vaguely make out the faces of her friends standing beside her. She sighed, burying her head in her palms.

"I told you it was a bad idea," Marshall remarked. A genuine concern reflected in his eyes.

"That's enough, you two," Aiden said, taking the bottle in his hands and throwing it down the balcony.

"Hey! That was mean!" Owen protested. He couldn't even sit straight. He kept bobbling in his seat and blinking his eyes.

"Like I said before, you shouldn't even try to do something you aren't capable of handling, Scott," Charlie said.

"Oi Weasley!" Natalie narrowed her eyes at Charlie, warningly.

"OI WEASLEY!!" Owen mimicked Natalie's words in a raised tone. Everyone looked surprised at his sudden reaction. "You have no right to speak to her that way," he defended her.

 "You two," he said pointing a finger at Aiden and then at Charlie "You two didn't want to be friends with her because you hated her."

"That is not true!!!" Aiden and Charlie said in unison.

"Oh it is!" Owen scoffed, "And you two didn't allow me to be her friend either!!" he cried.

"And now all of a sudden, you are friends with her. You didn't even tell me! You both are mean! I feel betrayed," he said, getting to his feet "I feel used."

Charlie and Aiden exchanged looks, but didn't say anything.

"And you, mushroom," he walked towards Marshall, with stumbling feet and placed his hands on Marshall's shoulder "You are a good boy. Will you be my friend?"

"I am your friend Owen," Marshall rolled his eyes.

"Oh sweet mushroom!" Owen engulfed him in a bear hug.

Natalie scowled at the scene. She stormed towards them, "Go away Owen," she whined, pushing him away  "He's my mushroom!!!" Wait? What? Mushroom? Something was odd. She narrowed her eyes, thinking hard.

 "And it's Marshmallow, you stupid!!" she screamed at Owen, making him wince.

"He's my marshmallow," she pouted, hugging Marshall and looked up at him. "Right?" she asked.

Marshall looked down at his best friend. His heart warmed up and his lips involuntarily twitched up into a smile, "Of course, I am your Marshmallow," he assured her, hugging her back. A wide grin landed on Natalie's face and she looked over at Owen, only to stick her tongue out at him.

The heaviness in Charlie's chest was making him uncomfortable. 'How come Natalie and Marshall were so close?" He thought. His eyes widened realizing the track his thoughts were headed to and mentally slapped himself. What was he even thinking? He shrugged the thought off as quickly as possible.

"You should get some sleep," Marshall said and tried to walk her out of the balcony. But she escaped from his grip when she saw Jason, Boon and Joseph dancing like maniacs. She stood there, gaping at their performance and went over to join them.

"Come on, Nat! Let's dance the night away!" Joseph gestured her to join them. Nat joined the group and started to imitate their crazy moves.

A loud thud distracted them. Owen had fallen unconscious on Marshall, who was being squished to the ground under his weight. "A little help, Aiden," Marshall choked on his breath. Aiden and Charlie pulled up a heavy, unconscious Owen. While Aiden held Owen,Charlie extended his hand and pulled Marshall to his feet.