Chapter 27. The Dragon whisperer

"Unbeleivable!!"

"Impeccable!!"

"Mind blowing!!!" 

The crowd uttered. Everyone was cheering for Natalie Scott, The girl who tamed the dragon.

" Warlock's holy dragons!! I thought that was impossible" Chapman shouted into Maxwell's ear, making him grimace. "Did you see it Levitsky??" She tamed a Dragon!!" Chapman yelled, shifting to his right, where Levitsky was seated. His face had an unamused look.

"Our dragon whisperer!!" Boon and Jason hooted. They were swaying their hips left and right and waving in the air ,stupidly.

Charlie sat down, dumb struck; crossing his eyebrows, immersed in thoughts.

"What's the matter Weasley?" Ethan took a seat next to him. Aiden also joined the duo, listening to their conversation intently.

"Is it what I think it is?" Charlie asked, looking at Ethan.

"Yes, it is" Ethan nodded.

"Excuse my ignorance. But what is this 'it' that you are talking about?" Aiden asked.

"Sorbere Inpegerum" Ethan stated "A rare power to possess and hard to develop"

"Oh so this is what she has been working on" Aiden mused.

"Exactly the reason why she has been keeping her hair hidden. So that it would develop the power. Only when it is kept out of human sight would it fully imbibe its powers"

"How is it different from the power that Veelas have?" Aiden enquired.

"That is totally different. Veela's powers have impact only on the opposite sex. It plays on the human hormones and it attracts the opposite sex towards them" Ethan explained. "But the kind of jet black hair that Nat has, has the power to absorb energy. But it is very difficult to control it and channel it the proper way. She must have had a hard time working on this. Remember Weasley, what happened to you at the Carpathian mountains when you saw her like that?" Ethan asked, turning to Charlie.

"Yes, I felt like there was a magnetic pull. I couldn't even avert my eyes away. At the same time I couldn't comprehend why. I totally lost touch with the surrounding for those few moments"

"So that was how she tamed it?" Aiden asked.

"Ha.. No no. It's the eye contact. She communicated with its soul. The hair was only a medium to absorb the dragon's energy and fix its focus on her, so that she could look into its eyes and speak to its soul."

"Then why do they teach us not to make eye contact with the dragons?" It was all confusing now.

"Because it can go wrong and lead to horrible consequences. And only people with these powers could do this. And I was under the impression that such people had vanished centuries ago"

"She is one of them then" Charlie muttered. Ethan nodded in agreement "And it is believed that there are still people like these among the tribes"

"The magjat tribe?" Aiden asked, Charlie could see the twinkle in his eyes, at the mention of tribes.

"The magjat?" Ethan cocked an eyebrow at Aiden.

"There we go" Charlie sighed.

"What?" Ethan and Aiden asked in unison.

"Nothing" Charlie mumbled.

"What? You still don't believe me, do you?" Aiden looked at his friend in disbelief.

"Believe what? Can you both speak with a little clarity?" Ethan requested. "And McMiller, how do you know about the tribe?"

Charlie rolled his eyes. Now he had to listen to Aiden's story of the mysterious girl for the twenty ninth time. He sat there pretending to listen to Aiden talk about the 'beauty' that he  had found in the woods. All the while, Charlies' s mind had drifted to somewhere else,  where all he could see was Nat and her jet black hair. He knew there was something special in her. But he wasn't ready to confess that he was spellbound. Her beautiful face, the mysterious raven hair, deep ocean blue eyes, kickass style, the angelic smile. 

"So are you in?" Aiden asked, breaking the chain of Charlie's thoughts. Ethan was staring at him expectantly.

"What?" Charlie narrowed his eyes.

"The Carpathian mountains"

"what about it?"

"Were you even paying attention? We are gonna go there once more" Aiden declared.

"But we have our recruitment scheduled this week"

"But that's not until Saturday. We have three days"

Charlie looked over at Ethan. "Come on Weasley, we could all find out more about this tribe. It would be fun"

"We will call Owen too" Aiden said, excitedly.

"To add more to the fun part, of course" Charlie flashed a grin.

"Ask Flicker to come too. And don't forget to drag in our dragon whisperer" Ethan winked.

Charlie's heart skipped a beat.