chapter 4

sorry i was late, i was trying to not be a shitty student 😩🤚

song: lonely in tokyo by mirei

Haruto slipped on his shoes, holding onto the wall for support. He woke up on a Saturday bored as hell. None of his friends were awake yet, he was the only one awake in this ungodly hour. Waking up late at night because no one woke him up from his 2 hour nap didn't really set him up for a good mood. Wasn't really a 2 hour nap anymore. More like 8 hours. The thought made him roll his eyes.

The house was lit by a soft orange light, as if everyone was going to sleep. But everyone was far from sleepy. Some of the mob members were over at his house to plan something with his parents. And of course, he wasn't allowed to go with them. What's even the point of making him the underboss then?

His face scrunched up in a grimace. He felt the eye bags beneath his eyes. the house felt so empty, he felt so alone. It felt almost eery. The huge windows all around his house portrayed the darkness outside. City lights contrasted the darkness. But that made him feel invaded. He didn't know what to feel. He was just angry.

He heard a click of a door open, catching his attention. But he didn't turn his head back. Everyone deserved to feel his anger. He glanced at the window in front of him to see the reflection of his mother standing behind him. With a quiet scoff, he looked back down.

"Where are you going?" She asked with her hands stuffed in her pockets, looking at him with a questioning look.

"I'm going out." He muttered and glanced up at the window once more. She sighed and looked down.

"Alright be careful." She said. As he thought. Most parents would be worried . He didn't know if he should feel grateful or disappointed for his careless parents. But now, he just decided to be grateful to keep himself sane.

"whatever." He muttered quietly , being careful she didn't hear him. She turned back to the door she came out from, Haruto watched her from her reflection the window. He let out a sigh and looked back down at his shoes as he tied them sloppily .

She stopped in her tracks without turning to him. Haruto stopped tying his shoelaces midway to listen to what she had to say.

"Take Memi if she wants to go." She said. He scowled and did his shoelaces with fast hands. He needed a break from everything and Memi was the last thing he needed.