chapter 8

sorry i was late, my mental health was a shit show. i wanted to update when i felt better ✌️

song: beez in the trap by nicki minaj

"Jeongwoo, listen." Sungho sat Jeongwoo down in his conference room. Jeongwoo looked around at the weird choice of setting, like it was something serious. His tone also sounded serious. He was supposed to go to school in a few minutes. His dad was usually busy on mornings. Looks like it was serious. Sungho was wearing his suit, Jeongwoo guessed he was going to the racing tracks or the company.

"What is it?" He asked, leaning back in his seat. He wasn't worried if his dad was mad at him. Sungho never yelled at him. He couldn't remember a time when he yelled at him. So he trusted that he won't be mad at anything.

"I need you to do something for me." Sungho said giving him a nod. It looked like he was trying to get the words out of his mouth but they wouldn't come out. Jeongwoo's brow raised slightly in curiosity.

"Okay..." he just said, waiting for him to continue. "what am I supposed to do?"

"Do you know Watanabe's kid? The older one?" He asked instead. Jeongwoo's lip slightly curled up at the mention of Haruto. Sungho noticed Jeongwoo's reaction, he nodded to himself taking a deep breath.

"yeah...I know him." Jeongwoo sighed. Sungho let go of his deep breath. Jeongwoo honestly didn't mind being late to school. It wasn't like he missed the bus or any of his classes. He could literally listen to sungho talk for hours. Sungho sat awkwardly uncomfortable in his chair.

"We need him to stay silent about something." He said. Jeongwoo's brows furrowed in curiosity. He knew Haruto was a nuisance but he didn't expect him needing to be silence. Was he gonna get killed?

"Stay quiet about what." He asked slowly crossing his arms. Sungho sighed again. It looked like he wanted Jeongwoo to answer everything on his own. He was too uncomfortable to answer them.

"Some people caught him listening to them when they were talking about secret information in the city ." He said, feeling relieved that he got it out already. Jeongwoo just nodded slowly . He had to admit he didn't really care. No one even listened to him why would he care now? Once Taekwang let him in the basement, he'll start to care.

"Oh.." He just said, glancing at the door.

"You need to make him silent." Jeongwoo's attention was immediately caught back. A small smile surfaced his face. He didn't want to show it, but he was ecstatic. Finally. Something to prove himself. Prove himself as the underboss of St. Peters.