Chapter 1

Andrea Herrera, known as Andy, ever since she graduated from the fire brigade academy she has worked at station 19 where her father Pruitt Herrera was the Captain. For her, station 19 is not just work, but it is also her home and the place where she found love. Over the years she began a relationship with Lt. Jack Gibson until they decided to get married two years ago. Immediately everyone knew about their relationship and they were all happy with her including her father even if at first he was not in favor of her. According to Pruitt, a relationship between colleagues was not seen well, but her daughter was happy and accepted the situation. When Jack decided to propose to Andy he first went to Pruitt to ask for his blessing from her and Pruitt told him that she was happy that she was officially joining their family.

Their marriage was going well and at the station they were nicknamed "the perfect couple" because they never quarreled and when they were engaged in a call they could understand from the moment they arrived what the situation was like and what they should do. It was all going so well between them until they had a hard time going through it. From that moment on, things have not gone as well as before. Andy was still upset about what had happened and to try to cheer her up a little, Pruitt decided to promote her to Lieutenant. She had been thinking about it for a few months already, she deserved to be Lieutenant and so she gave her the promotion. Three months had passed since Andy's promotion and Pruitt gave another news to the whole team.

Pruitt: "I have to give you some news"

Andy: "What's going on?"

Pruitt: "These months will be my last as Captain of the 19, I have decided to retire"

Andy: "When did you make this decision? Why do not you tell me?"

Pruitt: "I've been thinking about it for a while and I didn't tell you before because I wasn't sure yet"

Jack: "And who will be the next Captain?"

Pruitt: "You and Andy are running for the spot. You have to pass tests and you won't be the only one wanting this place. I will surely put in a good word for you, but for the rest you will have to get by yourself"

Jack: "Ok"

Andy: "Prepare for defeat Jack!"

Jack: "Don't fool yourself dear, prepare yourself for defeat"

Travis: "Ahiiii, they already start arguing and things will get more complicated.."

Andy: "Don't worry Travis, everything will remain the same as it has been until now"

Vic walking past Andy: "You know I'm rooting for you. Empower women!" she told her with a high five.

Maya: "Well said Vic, empower women!"

Dean: "Man, I'm on your side"

Ben: "I'm not on anyone's side, whoever is the captain will be the right one"

Travis: "Ohh Ben, even if you are the rookie you can take a stand eh"

Ben: "I won't"

Travis: "We bet that sooner or later you will be on the side of one of the two?"

Ben: "Do you bet on anything?"

Travis: "Sure"

Pruitt: "Andy, Jack come to my office I have to talk to you two"

Andy and Jack followed Pruitt downstairs, all three entered the office and closed the door.

Jack: "Is it really necessary that Andy is also in the running to become Captain? I have been a Lieutenant for longer than you"