Chapter 45

Since Andy and Robert's secret wedding day, it had been a month and things were going very well. All this time they have managed to keep their secret, but they both knew that soon they would have to tell everyone. During this month, Pruitt helped Robert with the housework and those were finished too. The two men spent a lot of time together and Andy was happy to see them get along. On one evening at dinner, Pruitt asked if they were somehow thinking of a baby, but as much as Andy wanted to get pregnant, at the moment it was difficult and seemed almost impossible. Several times she and Robert had talked about adopting a child and thought that now the right time might have come. They both asked Pruitt for advice if they were making the right decision and he was very happy with it. Only at that moment, Pruitt, did he really realize that if he had always been on her daughter's side, by now he would have had a grandchild in her arms. Once again Pruitt apologized to Andy for everything she had to go through alone, but now she just wanted to move on. Finally she was happy and for the first time she felt truly loved.

For the day of the first month of their wedding anniversary, Robert wanted to do something special with Andy. He knew very well that she wouldn't want to go out to dinner, so he tried to organize himself in order to prepare dinner and enjoy it with his wife. Robert also wanted to surprise her with small gifts and asked Luke for help as he was the only one besides Pruitt who knew about their marriage. That morning, before Robert met Luke, he made breakfast for Andy and brought it to him to bed.

Robert: "Good morning mi amor"

Andy: "Robert.. it's still early" she said starting to open her eyes.

Robert: "It's not as early as you think and.. happy anniversary honey"

Andy: "Happy anniversary mi amor" she replied sitting down and then kissing Robert.

Robert: "I made you breakfast.." he said about her putting the tray with the breakfast on the bed in front of her.

Andy: "Pancakes, fruit and a coffee.. everything is perfect. I love you"

Robert: "I love you too. I'm sorry to leave you alone all morning, but I have to see myself with Luke"

Andy: "I know you'll be forgiven tonight.." she replied with a very mischievous tone.

Robert: "I promise you a wonderful evening"

Andy: "Can we not go out for dinner? I would like to celebrate with take-away food eaten on the sofa with you"

Robert laughed. "I imagined you would tell me this, but.. don't worry, no dinner out, I'll cook"

Andy: "Ohh.. I like when you cook.."

Robert: "I know" he replied giving her a kiss on her cheek while she was having breakfast.

Andy: "If you see Luke, I could call Vic and stay with her for a while, we still haven't been able to speak properly since she returned from honeymoon"

Robert: "It seems like a great idea. While you're done with breakfast, I'll call Luke, so when he comes to pick me up, he'll bring Vic" Andy nodded.

As Andy finished her breakfast, Robert went to get Luke and then took a shower. He came out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his hips, he still had droplets of water falling down his body and Andy, still in bed, was enjoying the show. Andy was watching her husband very closely and couldn't help but bite her lower lip.

Andy: "Do you have to go with Luke? Can't you stay at home and stay here, in bed with me, maybe all naked?"

Robert: "You don't know how much I would like to please you mi amor, but I really can't" he said, taking off the towel to dry the rest of his body.