Chapter 39

Andy and Robert, along with Macchia, entered their new home where they would spend the rest of their lives together. The house was just as they remembered it and they started to see some changes they wanted to make while Macchia was in the back garden playing in the big garden. It was a very large house and the first thing to do was to create a bathroom downstairs as it was missing at the moment.

Andy: "Where could we bath? You need to have one here too"

Robert: "How about sacrificing the pantry and part of the study for the bathroom? The kitchen is very large and there is a lot of space, so the pantry is not needed"

Andy: "It seems like a great idea"

Robert: "What other changes do you want to make?"

Andy: "I think this is enough, I like the rest and Gwenda said she had refurbished the whole house a year ago and made it more modern in order to sell it. But if you don't like it we can make other changes"

Robert: "That's okay for me, at least we can move right away"

Andy: "We should go and buy some furniture first, like a new sofa. I would like to have a very large one, there is space to put it and then we have to furnish our room and at least one other guest room. And then I hope that one day those rooms will be furnished for our children"

Robert: "Soon we will think about decorating the rooms for our children"

Andy: "You know, I can imagine at least one running around the house and messing around with Macchia. But now first I want to enjoy some time alone, just you and me"

Robert: "We will do whatever you want"

Andy: "Now, I think we should go get all our stuff and start settling down"

Robert: "But I'd go to our favorite place for lunch first"

Andy: "On the beach?"

Robert: "Yes, Macchia will like running on the beach"

Andy: "And tonight we can invite Vic and Luke to our house"

Robert: "I like it when you say our house. And yes, it's a good idea to invite them" he said and then kissed Andy.

Together with Macchia they went to the beach and took lunch in a kiosk which was nearby and which they liked very much. They sat in a rather isolated spot on the beach so that they could leave Macchia free while they ate. The puppy was having fun running on the beach and then at one point Andy yelled at Macchia not to go into the water, but it was too late by now.

Robert: "Too late"

Andy: "Now everything is wet and must be dried well before getting him into the car"

Robert: "There is only one problem, we have nothing to dry it with"

Andy: "So .. what do we do now?"

Robert: "Could you call your father and have him bring you something to dry Macchia?"

Andy: "Yes, ok, now I call him"

While Andy called Pruitt, Robert was trying to get Macchia out of the water, but the puppy was having fun and ignoring Robert. Andy had finished the phone call and was laughing at Robert for how he couldn't convince the puppy to get out of the water.

Robert: "Stop laughing, it's not funny"

Andy: "Ohhh, that's a lot of fun" and kept laughing.

Robert: "Ah, do you find it funny?" he said approaching Andy. "Now I'll show you what fun it is" he said, taking her in his arms and approaching the water.